most of you know i don't care for valentine's day. i hold to the belief that if you truly care about someone, then you won't need a special day to tell them that. that being said the hubby got each of us a lil something to snuggle with. he has been gone all week, and he will not be back until this evening. my friend shelly is talking of restarting her sock swap on her blog. when this happens i will put a link to it. i am thinking of doing 2 swaps. these will repeat monthly. I'm thinking of a bookmark swap and a book swap. the rules are simple if you commit please see it through.
bookmark swap-these are minimums anything extra is fine, but realize they might not send extra to you.
1 homemade bookmark- this does not have to be filet crochet mind you. a simple paper cut out that is decorated will be sufficient. keep in mind don't send something you wouldn't want to get in return. there will be themes for the months
1 recipe- it doesn't have to be anything super fancy, but something you enjoy would be nice.
1 special treat- candy bar, soap, anything special that the other person would enjoy.
none of this has to be expensive.
book swap- again just minimums.
1 book- again there will be themes. find a used bookstore to get your books from, they are way cheaper.
1 homemade item- this could be anything. a bookmark, crayons that you have remelted into a cool shape, anything your lil heart desires that the recipient would enjoy.
1 treat- same as above, this could be anything.
things are very busy around our house. q is walking around holding furniture. his top two teeth, butter scrapers, cut last night. it is Thursday so on to a thankful list
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. adult company- it is one thing that i really miss being a SAHM.
2. friendship- can you ever have too many friends?
3. nap time- its the only time anything gets done.
4. swaps- i miss them. getting goodies from someone you might not have ever met before. so fun
5. mail- i love opening the mail box to find something that doesn't require a check.
6. my bed- it still takes my breath away. it is so pretty and so very comfy.
7. laughter- the girls have the ability to make q laugh almost constantly, so our house is filled with laughter.
8. change- it truly is the only constant in the world.
9. salvation- the loss of my friend would be so much worse if he wasn't saved. i know it's not popular to talk about it.
10. the new heater in the bathroom- so warm and toasty.
11. the light at the end of the debt tunnel- all we have left are the car, the van and the house. the car will be paid off this year, the van in the next 1 1/2 years, then its just the house.
12. good hot chocolate- i love a good cup of hot chocolate. if i can brag, i make some great hot chocolate.
13. homemade bread- getting ready to make some today.
14. blogs- it makes it easier to keep up with how my friends lives are going.
15. facebook- brain dead time is so nice at the end of the day.
i hope that everyone has a great weekend. i hope that it is filled with love and kindness.