Thursday, July 29, 2010
i have recently signed up for a new swap over at ravelry. if you love crafting it is the place to be. i am currently in 3 swaps. one all we do is send each other letters. you know snail mail, i love snail mail. one of them we send homemade/handmade washcloths. i am enjoying having reasons to craft. the sweet hubby is playing oblivion on the xbox, did i mention he LOVES the xbox? he works so hard to provide for us, so i can stay home, and i feel like the least i can do is to let him have some downtime. on to my thankfuls.
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. my life- it was a hard road to get here, but man I'm glad i did. believe me when i say but by the grace of God go i.
2. honesty- even when it hurts, it is good to hear.
3. friends- you know the ones who know they can tell you something even if it isn't what you want to hear. thanks guys.
4. learning from my mistakes- experience is a tough teacher, she's not very nice.
5. learning new stuff- this week of cooking food that is unfamiliar to me has been so nice. it is soothing to create something that I'm not completely familiar with. i have discovered most of the Greek food i have made this week has been very work and time intensive.
6. babies- there is something about new life that is...so...amazing, sorry trying to search for the right word.
7. church- we have been attending a church for a while now, and the preacher speaks on such an understandable/no nonsense kind of way that just hits you between the eyes.
8. small town living- it isn't for everyone, but there are days that it is worth any headache. it is nice to know people are looking out for each other.
9. letting go- ahhhh, to let go of the anger and hard feelings. this is hard to do when there is no recourse for the pain. this goes back to forgiveness is for the forgiver not the forgiven.
10. knowing the truth- there is tremendous power in knowing the truth about a person. knowing who and what they really are. i think this is why people who have known you for so long are so wonderful, yet so dangerous.
i hope that this weekend is wonderful for everyone. thank you for all of the support and kind words lately. it is so good to know we are not alone in this world. thanks again for reading
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
the fam has been thoroughly enjoying Greek week. the baklava was very tasty. truth be told everything has been very delicious. the garden is doing great. you should see all of the pumpkins we have. everyday we gather zucchini and cucumbers. the cumbers have come in handy all week for all the tasty Greek goodness. i will be posting thankfuls tomorrow, so until then...
Monday, July 26, 2010
Thursday, July 22, 2010
there has been some thought and discussion about the deleting of blogs recently. I've been thinking about it some since the main purpose of this endeavor was for my friends and fam to keep up with us, and they don't seem to be doing that. anyway on to my thankfuls and i do have lots of them.
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. Christ- He is the solid rock upon which i stand.
2. friends- you guys are amazing no matter what anybody else may tell you, YOU GUYS ROCK.
3. my hubby- what can i say he's an amazing, funny, intelligent, loyal, and sexy man.
4. memes- i had so forgotten how much i enjoy these. so fun so fun
5. swaps- I'm doing a couple on ravelry and so enjoying it.
6. my kids- what would i do without you and your amazing loving selves.
7. my garden- the radishes were so yummy, the zucchini is so delicious, and i haven't tried the cucumbers yet, but I'm sure they are yummy too.
8. good people- i think too often we get caught up on how horrible some people are, and we don't take time to think of all the good people there are in the world. thank you to all of those that never ask for thanks.
9. my mom- she's looking at a house here local. the kids are bouncing off the walls excited.
10. the truth- it will always come out. I've been working on less brutal honesty lately.
i noticed as i was about to begin this post that this is number 240. looks like i need to figure out something cool for number 300, it will be here before i know it. i hope that this weekend finds you well and happy. we have some big plans coming up in the near future, and i will share as soon as i can. until then have a blessed week.
Saturday, July 17, 2010
USING ONLY ONE WORD change the answers to suit you better. please share with the rest of us.
where is your cell phone? table
significant other? amazing
your hair? blond
your mother? retired
your father? veteran
your favorite thing? love
your dream last night? kinky
your favorite drink? tea
what room are you in? living
your hobby? crafts
your fear? spiders
where do you want to be in 6 years? debtless
where were you last night? tara's
something that you aren't? dishonest
wish list item? date
last thing you did? worry
what are you wearing? glasses
your life? better
your mood? relieved
missing someone? desperately
your car? van
something you're not wearing? shoes
your favorite store? hobbylobby
your favorite color? yellow
when was the last time you cried? earlier
who will resend this? someone
where do you go to over and over? potty
my favorite place to eat? home
favorite place I'd like to be right now? arms
four people i think will respond? anyone
OK now it's your turn. let me know if you do, thanks.
Thursday, July 15, 2010
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1 my health- i figure this one i regularly say thank you in my prayers for, but realized i rarely put it on my blog.
2. my life- it may not be what everyone wants, but man I LOVE my life.
3. my church- we have been attending a nondenominational church and we are loving it. this past Wednesday the kids went to jump in jive again. the kids had a blast and it is nice to see the members outside of church.
4. freedom- thank you to all who have fought for it and those that still do. thank you to the families that are left behind.
5. crafting- so loving being busy with my hands.
6. reruns- we have been watching tons of reruns on netflix.
7. love- how great it is to be loved.
8. my mom- she has been so willing to come and help with the kids this summer. she has been amazing and i can't be thankful enough.
9. downtime- oh how i long for a moment to myself.
10. date night- the hubby and i are in serious need of one of these.
i hope this has been a blessed week for all of you. have a great weekend
Friday, July 9, 2010
1. when you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing that you thought?
glad i did the roots.
2. do you miss anyone right now?
several people. i miss my friends from the middle and high school. i wish they lived closer, so we could see how well we turned out.
3. if you could move anywhere else, would you?
i love where i live, but sometimes i do wish i lived closer to my friends.
4. if you could choose, what would your last meal be?
hmmmm, not really sure. i love some good tamales, but i can't choose just one or two things.
5. what famous person, dead or alive, would you want to have lunch with?
again i just don't know if i could choose. maybe john bon jovi, maybe stephen king, or someone like thomas jefferson. i don't do well with choices.
6. what was the last book you read?
it's been so long i don't remember. i think it was a dean koontz, but it might have been charlaine harris. no i remember it was a book on crochet, yeah I'm a big nerd.
7. what was the last movie you watched?
fly me to the moon
8. what was the last song you heard?
theme to phineas and ferb on tv
9. what's your dream vacation?
traveling the british isles with my family.
10. what is the next trip you'll take?
we went to borger with the hubby yesterday. it was just a quick drop off something at an office and head home kind of trip.
11. did you ever go to camp?
when i lived at the children's home in elementary school it was mandatory.
12. have you ever been in love?
13. what do you want to know about the future?
will my children be happy?
14. where is your best friend?
well, i am blessed enough to have several, so let's see: pattylicious is at home with her fam. shellybabes is probably at home with her family. my sweet snow white, i don't know where specifically she is, but she's in austin somewhere. my sweet hubby is walking around looking for the stereo remote.
15. how is your best friend?
pattylicious is a bit bummed about being without her hubby this evening. shellybabes is probably busy and good with her amazing family. snow white is missing her beautiful girls and anxious about what the future holds. the hubby seems good, he has coffee and d & d this cool morning in July.
16. who is the biggest gossiper you know?
the little ladies and men in town that all get together for coffee.
17. what does your last text message say?
waving back- i got a text that someone was waving at my casa.
18. what are 3 things you've always wanted to do, that you still plan to accomplish?
1. go visit Ireland and Scotland. 2. being debt free. 3. own a convertible vw bug.
19. what is one thing you've learned from your parents?
insanity is hereditary, communication is key, love your kids and love yourself. most of these were lessons taught looking back. the most important lesson learned: forgiveness is for the forgiver not the forgiven.
20. what is one thing you hope to teach your own children?
believe in yourself and respect yourself because if you respect yourself no one will ever make you do something you don't want to. learn from others mistakes, so that you don't have to make the same ones.
Thursday, July 8, 2010
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. the rain- it has kept the temp down and watered the garden for me.
2. nap time- i love the little bit of quiet this time allows. now if i could only get her heiness to take a nap.
3. friends- it was nice to spend time with someone who knew me from back when.
4. sleep- I'm running on less than enough, and oh how i miss sleep.
5. crochet- i just finished a baby blanket for my brother's daughter who is due next month.
6. communication- it is what makes relationships of any kind possible.
7. coffee- I've been enjoying lots of coffee this past week
8. cars- they make it possible to visit people who live in a different area of the greatest state ever, by the way that fact is not open for discussion.
9. my kids- they remind me of how God must feel about me when i am openly defiant.
10. date night- i am in serious need of date night.
it appears as though nap time is drawing to a close, so i must dash to the liquor cabinet, i meant to get the kids. hope everyone has a great weekend.
Friday, July 2, 2010
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. the ability to crochet- i love to make stuff for myself and my loved ones. below is a picture of some of the things I've made so far.
2. cooler weather- the last week has been cool and beautiful here.
3. sharing- i love when one of the lessons i try to teach my kids finally sinks in. q was sharing his animal crackers with the geese.
5. love- especially the love of children. the capacity they have to care and give amazes me. at what point do we loose the wonder that children hold for the world? i see my children and the way they view the world, and it makes me step back and thank God for all he has given me.
6. the garden- we officially have wee little zucchini and radishes.
7. disposable diapers- with what comes out of my son they are truly a blessing.
8. knowing oneself- learning who i am, and accepting that person is so freeing.
9. friends- one major upside of this summer is the amount of time I've been able to spend with my pattylicious.
10. my health- sometimes i don't say thanks for my health out loud, but i am so grateful for it.
11. our veterans- without them i wouldn't have the freedoms i love and enjoy. THANK YOU.
the pictures above were mostly taken at a local park where you can feed the fowl. the kids had an absolute blast. thanks for reading and i hope this holiday weekend finds you happy and blessed.