Tuesday, November 15, 2011
i am thankful that i passed the 3 hour test, no diabetes for me. woohoo.
i thought everyone could use an Oreo smile from my little man. isn't he cute. we don't get oreos very often, so he was very excited to get some as a snack.
Tuesday, November 8, 2011
i have to admit it was tougher than i thought it would be. the pompom was the first I'd ever made. well, i made 2 practice ones "just in case". i was so honored to be asked to make something for lil scout. his mom and grams are such amazing christian women and i think the world of them, so it was a true blessing to be asked to make a part of his early adornments.
Monday, November 7, 2011
this is a picture from our renewal ceremony that we did for our 6th anniversary. i made mine and monkey's dresses. finch and i eloped to vegas, so this was our "ceremony" for the family.
Sunday, November 6, 2011
she was so excited to loose this tooth. she lost it at school and they gave her a little treasure chest to store it in until she got home. i am thankful for the joy she sees in everything.
Saturday, November 5, 2011
this is a picture of her laughing at the q man as we were making a moving trip from our old house to the apartment. she has one of the most beautiful smiles i have ever seen. she reminds me of how far life has come in her short life. she reminds me of how much love a person is capable of. i know that without her i wouldn't be who i am today. she's taught me that it is wise to choose my battles. she has also taught me that sometimes a hug can make it all better. she gives the best hugs and they can bring a smile to my face even in my darkest moods.
Friday, November 4, 2011
this picture is from before we cut his lovely golden locks. i cried when we cut them because all the baby was gone. he has taught me so much in his short time here. like how to rejoice in the little accomplishments of the day. he's shown me how to live less fearfully. i love this boy and all the different dynamics that he adds to my family
Thursday, November 3, 2011
since it is Thursday i need to do my full thankful post.
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. laundry- being able to do this "chore" means that i am capable of being upright, walking and carrying things. that alone should make me grateful, but wait there's more..... it also means that i have clothes that need to be washed, how wonderful is that. I'm trying to look at housework through different eyes and seeing laundry as a blessing was step one
2. hot tea- i try to have a cup every morning to start me off on a calmer note
3. honey crisp apples- LOVE these apples. they are only available for a short time, so i try to eat all that i can when i can get them
4. my minivan- it seats all of us and is super comfy, love it
5. friends- what a blessing they are to me. words of encouragement and prayers when i need them. even better being able to do sweet things for them
6. yarn- my yarn stash has gone crazy, but I'm slowly using it up making things
7. learning new things- my sil sent me a spindle for my birthday and I'm so excited to try it out, now i just need some extra time in my day
8. kool-aid- not only do my kids drink it by the gallon, you can dye yarn with it. yep, that's also on my list of to do things
9. good food- we are cooking more and more at home. i forget how much better a good home cooked meal tastes than what you can get out.
10. good water- our water here leaves quite a bit to be desired, so we have been buying water. you know it's rough when you think someone has been cleaning with bleach because the chlorine smell is so strong from the water.
i hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend