Thursday, December 16, 2010
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. good music- i joined a swap group on ravelry called the odd ducks, and one of the sweet ducks saw that i love better than ezra. she sent me 2 cds. i was so excited that i jumped up and down and did the lil happy dance.
2. surprise packages- i was expecting one box last Saturday from a winter dishcloth swap i was in, but to my surprise and excitement there were 3. 1 package had the above mentioned cds and the other was a loaf of shelly's famous chocolate chip Amish friendship bread. it was sooooo good.
3. netflix- the hubby has been gone all week, so I've been enjoying watching movies instantly while i crochet presents.
4. early bedtime- for me. i require sleep, lots of it, or i just don't function well. this week has been great I've been in bed by no later than 10:15 every night.
5. the ability to be a friend- i don't often brag on myself, but i will this time. i think I'm a pretty awesome friend to have. i don't make friends easily, so i try to hold on to those that i have with all my might. i got to spend a wonderful day with a good friend from high school and it was great to catch up and cook together.
6. my friends- now this group of ladies is just amazing. they are truly God's gift to me in my times of need. it has been a rough 3 weeks and they have been awesome
7. prayer- the power of prayer is soooo amazing.
8. cooking- i love to cook and bake and make things for people.
9. giving- it is the time of year when gift giving is the norm, and i wonder why more people aren't giving the rest of the year. i don't necessarily mean money. my friend peaches gave me the prettiest coupon holder for no other reason than she can. she is an amazing woman that i am thrilled to know.
10. ravelry- seriously addicting, but the ladies i have met are AWESOME.
i am thankful for God who sent Jesus to earth, so that one day i might be saved. i hope the rest of the season is a blessing to you.
Monday, December 13, 2010
a close up of artemis, isn't she pretty
we have a family membership to the discovery center, and have been enjoying it.
the discovery center has a kinderstudio for kids 5 and under. lil man had a great time
monkey showing off her killer roping skills.
Thursday, October 7, 2010
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. the crafts i do- i am thankful that God has given me a healthy way to unwind.
2. dancing with my hubby- we haven't gone out dancing in a long time, but from time to time he will spin me around our house. it's times like that when i can't believe it's been 12 years of us together.
3. crafty people- i don't mean the con artists of the world, I'm talking about the people who can take simple yarn or towels or food and make them into works of art. you people inspire me to do more and be more than i am today.
4. laughter- i went to a celebration of a life ended too soon this past weekend, and there were tears shed for a woman who touched so many lives. in the midst we found ourselves laughing about things she had said or done that touched us all.
Thursday, September 30, 2010
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. note taking- who knew there was so much to putting mail in boxes.
2. good food- lots of good home cooking lately
3. my hubby- he has been so helpful this week and i don't know what i would do without him
4. new shoes- the hubby got me a really cute pair of shoes last week.
5. kind words- you guys have been so sweet and kind. i can't say thanks enough
6. crochet- I've been making stuff like no one's business. several projects need to be posted on my craft blog soon
7. ravelry- I've joined a group of ladies that are amazing. they are wickedly talented and compassionate to no end.
8. chocolate- I've got some awesome chocolate that is to die for, and I've been enjoying it one piece at time
9. coffee- it's really helped with my early mornings and late nights
10. fall- it's cool here, evenings are in the upper 40s and lower 50s. i LOVE this time of year
i hope that this little bit of happiness brightens your week as you have brightened mine with your kind words. thanks
Friday, September 24, 2010
i know it will be a new start, but I'm content where i am. the lil man is napping and the princess is playing peacefully in her room, so i think i may crochet while the washer washes and the dryer dries. i really am grateful for all the comments, sorry I've been down for so long. the normal, yes i am using that term loosely, will be back soon i promise.
Thursday, September 23, 2010
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. adult conversation- i don't get to talk to adults very often, so when i do i feel like I'm in heaven.
2. wonderful comments- not only the ones I've received here on my blog, but the several i have been left on ravelry, thanks you make my day
3. eating at home- the 2 week menu is up and running again. we had yummy crock pot dinner tonight.
4. learning new things- the baby hat that i made recently had a stitch i had never done before.
5. opportunity- there are several that are opening up, and we are trying to listen to what God wants us to do.
6. jokes- i love a good joke, and some not so good ones
7. new tv season- my shows are back woohoo
8. clean sheets- i love to sleep in clean smell good sheets
9. friends- this week has been rough family wise and the friends have really pulled up the slack
10. understanding- there have been some fb and blog posts this past week that have been very disparaging to people i know or am getting to know. it makes me wonder WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?
i hope that everyone has a great weekend. we will be attending a birthday party for pattylicious' oldest son. a funny sidenote when doing spell check crockpot came up as an error and one of the suggestions was crack pot. just thougt i would share.
Monday, September 20, 2010
Friday, September 17, 2010
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. good Kleenexes- otherwise my nose would be raw by now. there were many tears shed today.
2. good friends- while visiting another of our friends arrived. she was tired from her long drive, but glad that she could be there when her friend needed her.
3. changes- I'm so glad that at some point when i wasn't paying attention i became an adult, and so did the people i went to high school with.
4. hot tea- I'm feeling a bit weak tonight and the tea is helping warm me.
5. fall- there was a crisp bite to the air this morning and it whispered fall to me.
6. my hubby- he watched the kids today, so that i could be with my friend. he then took us all to dinner to get us out of the hospital. he is an amazing man
7. my kids- apparently they played very well today, and even got a big bag of dum dums for my friend.
8. my bestie- we were going to have a date tonight, but i was called elsewhere instead. she was so sweet about it and i really appreciate it.
9. crafts- they help work out some of my angst and turmoil.
10. you- that's right all of you who read this and leave me encouraging words. i can't say thank you enough to you.
11. peaches- she's my friend from Georgia. i received the sweetest package in the mail from her this week. she said that she sensed that it had been a rough summer for me and she wanted me to know that she had been thinking about me. thank you.
it is good to be thought about and prayed for. have a good night I'm going to crochet something
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Friday, September 10, 2010
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
the albuquerque botanical gardens
isn't she beautiful, she's almost 5 foot tall now.
Thursday, August 19, 2010
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. not being the victim- i don't need to create drama in my life so that i can play the victim to every person who will listen and give pity. i once had a good friend ask why i don't tell about my past, and i said "i don't like to be a victim".
2. cooler weather- this summer has not been nearly as hot as ones i remember in the past, at least in my lil part of Texas. it has been hot, but not east Texas hot. hope it cools down for you guys soon.
3. lessons learned- i could write several blogs on this alone. i am grateful for each lesson that i have learned this summer
4. school- the kids will be going back soon, and life will return to almost normal very soon.
5. beading- i pulled out my old bead tackle box last night and began to make some crochet stitch markers. they are beautiful.
6. air conditioning- it hasn't been above 100 but a few times this summer, but anything above 9 is too warm for me.
7. good music- i love to watch my kids dance and sing to music that they hear.
8. angel food- good food cheap.
9. fresh veggies- the garden overfloweth. we are already discussing what all we want to do next year.
10. new friends- i have made a couple of new bloggy friends this summer and it is nice to meet some new faces with new interests.
i hope this past few weeks have been as wonderful for you as they have for me. take a minute to find something to say thank you for.
Thursday, August 5, 2010
Thursday, July 29, 2010
i have recently signed up for a new swap over at ravelry. if you love crafting it is the place to be. i am currently in 3 swaps. one all we do is send each other letters. you know snail mail, i love snail mail. one of them we send homemade/handmade washcloths. i am enjoying having reasons to craft. the sweet hubby is playing oblivion on the xbox, did i mention he LOVES the xbox? he works so hard to provide for us, so i can stay home, and i feel like the least i can do is to let him have some downtime. on to my thankfuls.
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. my life- it was a hard road to get here, but man I'm glad i did. believe me when i say but by the grace of God go i.
2. honesty- even when it hurts, it is good to hear.
3. friends- you know the ones who know they can tell you something even if it isn't what you want to hear. thanks guys.
4. learning from my mistakes- experience is a tough teacher, she's not very nice.
5. learning new stuff- this week of cooking food that is unfamiliar to me has been so nice. it is soothing to create something that I'm not completely familiar with. i have discovered most of the Greek food i have made this week has been very work and time intensive.
6. babies- there is something about new life that is...so...amazing, sorry trying to search for the right word.
7. church- we have been attending a church for a while now, and the preacher speaks on such an understandable/no nonsense kind of way that just hits you between the eyes.
8. small town living- it isn't for everyone, but there are days that it is worth any headache. it is nice to know people are looking out for each other.
9. letting go- ahhhh, to let go of the anger and hard feelings. this is hard to do when there is no recourse for the pain. this goes back to forgiveness is for the forgiver not the forgiven.
10. knowing the truth- there is tremendous power in knowing the truth about a person. knowing who and what they really are. i think this is why people who have known you for so long are so wonderful, yet so dangerous.
i hope that this weekend is wonderful for everyone. thank you for all of the support and kind words lately. it is so good to know we are not alone in this world. thanks again for reading
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
the fam has been thoroughly enjoying Greek week. the baklava was very tasty. truth be told everything has been very delicious. the garden is doing great. you should see all of the pumpkins we have. everyday we gather zucchini and cucumbers. the cumbers have come in handy all week for all the tasty Greek goodness. i will be posting thankfuls tomorrow, so until then...
Monday, July 26, 2010
Thursday, July 22, 2010
there has been some thought and discussion about the deleting of blogs recently. I've been thinking about it some since the main purpose of this endeavor was for my friends and fam to keep up with us, and they don't seem to be doing that. anyway on to my thankfuls and i do have lots of them.
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. Christ- He is the solid rock upon which i stand.
2. friends- you guys are amazing no matter what anybody else may tell you, YOU GUYS ROCK.
3. my hubby- what can i say he's an amazing, funny, intelligent, loyal, and sexy man.
4. memes- i had so forgotten how much i enjoy these. so fun so fun
5. swaps- I'm doing a couple on ravelry and so enjoying it.
6. my kids- what would i do without you and your amazing loving selves.
7. my garden- the radishes were so yummy, the zucchini is so delicious, and i haven't tried the cucumbers yet, but I'm sure they are yummy too.
8. good people- i think too often we get caught up on how horrible some people are, and we don't take time to think of all the good people there are in the world. thank you to all of those that never ask for thanks.
9. my mom- she's looking at a house here local. the kids are bouncing off the walls excited.
10. the truth- it will always come out. I've been working on less brutal honesty lately.
i noticed as i was about to begin this post that this is number 240. looks like i need to figure out something cool for number 300, it will be here before i know it. i hope that this weekend finds you well and happy. we have some big plans coming up in the near future, and i will share as soon as i can. until then have a blessed week.
Saturday, July 17, 2010
USING ONLY ONE WORD change the answers to suit you better. please share with the rest of us.
where is your cell phone? table
significant other? amazing
your hair? blond
your mother? retired
your father? veteran
your favorite thing? love
your dream last night? kinky
your favorite drink? tea
what room are you in? living
your hobby? crafts
your fear? spiders
where do you want to be in 6 years? debtless
where were you last night? tara's
something that you aren't? dishonest
wish list item? date
last thing you did? worry
what are you wearing? glasses
your life? better
your mood? relieved
missing someone? desperately
your car? van
something you're not wearing? shoes
your favorite store? hobbylobby
your favorite color? yellow
when was the last time you cried? earlier
who will resend this? someone
where do you go to over and over? potty
my favorite place to eat? home
favorite place I'd like to be right now? arms
four people i think will respond? anyone
OK now it's your turn. let me know if you do, thanks.
Thursday, July 15, 2010
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1 my health- i figure this one i regularly say thank you in my prayers for, but realized i rarely put it on my blog.
2. my life- it may not be what everyone wants, but man I LOVE my life.
3. my church- we have been attending a nondenominational church and we are loving it. this past Wednesday the kids went to jump in jive again. the kids had a blast and it is nice to see the members outside of church.
4. freedom- thank you to all who have fought for it and those that still do. thank you to the families that are left behind.
5. crafting- so loving being busy with my hands.
6. reruns- we have been watching tons of reruns on netflix.
7. love- how great it is to be loved.
8. my mom- she has been so willing to come and help with the kids this summer. she has been amazing and i can't be thankful enough.
9. downtime- oh how i long for a moment to myself.
10. date night- the hubby and i are in serious need of one of these.
i hope this has been a blessed week for all of you. have a great weekend
Friday, July 9, 2010
1. when you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing that you thought?
glad i did the roots.
2. do you miss anyone right now?
several people. i miss my friends from the middle and high school. i wish they lived closer, so we could see how well we turned out.
3. if you could move anywhere else, would you?
i love where i live, but sometimes i do wish i lived closer to my friends.
4. if you could choose, what would your last meal be?
hmmmm, not really sure. i love some good tamales, but i can't choose just one or two things.
5. what famous person, dead or alive, would you want to have lunch with?
again i just don't know if i could choose. maybe john bon jovi, maybe stephen king, or someone like thomas jefferson. i don't do well with choices.
6. what was the last book you read?
it's been so long i don't remember. i think it was a dean koontz, but it might have been charlaine harris. no i remember it was a book on crochet, yeah I'm a big nerd.
7. what was the last movie you watched?
fly me to the moon
8. what was the last song you heard?
theme to phineas and ferb on tv
9. what's your dream vacation?
traveling the british isles with my family.
10. what is the next trip you'll take?
we went to borger with the hubby yesterday. it was just a quick drop off something at an office and head home kind of trip.
11. did you ever go to camp?
when i lived at the children's home in elementary school it was mandatory.
12. have you ever been in love?
13. what do you want to know about the future?
will my children be happy?
14. where is your best friend?
well, i am blessed enough to have several, so let's see: pattylicious is at home with her fam. shellybabes is probably at home with her family. my sweet snow white, i don't know where specifically she is, but she's in austin somewhere. my sweet hubby is walking around looking for the stereo remote.
15. how is your best friend?
pattylicious is a bit bummed about being without her hubby this evening. shellybabes is probably busy and good with her amazing family. snow white is missing her beautiful girls and anxious about what the future holds. the hubby seems good, he has coffee and d & d this cool morning in July.
16. who is the biggest gossiper you know?
the little ladies and men in town that all get together for coffee.
17. what does your last text message say?
waving back- i got a text that someone was waving at my casa.
18. what are 3 things you've always wanted to do, that you still plan to accomplish?
1. go visit Ireland and Scotland. 2. being debt free. 3. own a convertible vw bug.
19. what is one thing you've learned from your parents?
insanity is hereditary, communication is key, love your kids and love yourself. most of these were lessons taught looking back. the most important lesson learned: forgiveness is for the forgiver not the forgiven.
20. what is one thing you hope to teach your own children?
believe in yourself and respect yourself because if you respect yourself no one will ever make you do something you don't want to. learn from others mistakes, so that you don't have to make the same ones.
Thursday, July 8, 2010
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. the rain- it has kept the temp down and watered the garden for me.
2. nap time- i love the little bit of quiet this time allows. now if i could only get her heiness to take a nap.
3. friends- it was nice to spend time with someone who knew me from back when.
4. sleep- I'm running on less than enough, and oh how i miss sleep.
5. crochet- i just finished a baby blanket for my brother's daughter who is due next month.
6. communication- it is what makes relationships of any kind possible.
7. coffee- I've been enjoying lots of coffee this past week
8. cars- they make it possible to visit people who live in a different area of the greatest state ever, by the way that fact is not open for discussion.
9. my kids- they remind me of how God must feel about me when i am openly defiant.
10. date night- i am in serious need of date night.
it appears as though nap time is drawing to a close, so i must dash to the liquor cabinet, i meant to get the kids. hope everyone has a great weekend.
Friday, July 2, 2010
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. the ability to crochet- i love to make stuff for myself and my loved ones. below is a picture of some of the things I've made so far.
2. cooler weather- the last week has been cool and beautiful here.
3. sharing- i love when one of the lessons i try to teach my kids finally sinks in. q was sharing his animal crackers with the geese.
5. love- especially the love of children. the capacity they have to care and give amazes me. at what point do we loose the wonder that children hold for the world? i see my children and the way they view the world, and it makes me step back and thank God for all he has given me.
6. the garden- we officially have wee little zucchini and radishes.
7. disposable diapers- with what comes out of my son they are truly a blessing.
8. knowing oneself- learning who i am, and accepting that person is so freeing.
9. friends- one major upside of this summer is the amount of time I've been able to spend with my pattylicious.
10. my health- sometimes i don't say thanks for my health out loud, but i am so grateful for it.
11. our veterans- without them i wouldn't have the freedoms i love and enjoy. THANK YOU.
the pictures above were mostly taken at a local park where you can feed the fowl. the kids had an absolute blast. thanks for reading and i hope this holiday weekend finds you happy and blessed.
Thursday, June 24, 2010
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. my friends- i have some of the most awesome friends in the world. seriously my friends ROCK. I LOVE YOU GUYS.
2. my hubby- i can't say how much i appreciate his goodness and kindness.
3. quotes- i do love a good quote. want some good ones watch tombstone.
4. ac- this isn't the hottest summer ever, not even close, but it is summer.
5. thunder boomers- what an amazing storm we had last night. tons of rain and lightening. i love the storms that are fierce without being deadly. i have no need for tornadoes or giant hail, but a good thunder boomer with lots of rain is amazing to behold.
6. my garden- i will try to take some pictures of it soon. we have tons of tiny zucchini blossoms, and that means tons of zucchini.
7. my kids- they are so wonderful.
8. frozen burritos- yummy quick food.
9. learning something new- love learning.
10. teachers- ah the unsung hero of the future. to all of my friends who have this profession, WAY TO GO- YOU ROCK. no really i don't think they hear that often enough.
thank you for all who read. what are you thankful for this week? the kind word of a friend when you were down, a much needed family vacation, new life, new hope, a new chance, the hug of a friend, the love of a child. i hope this weekend finds you blessed with love. i will be trying my hand at a couple of new recipes this weekend and you will be able to find them on my cooking blog.
Thursday, June 17, 2010
below is a pick of her heiness and her new friend. her friend is the daughter of my friend, who will be known as peaches. peaches was the school librarian when monkey was in kindergarten. i met her again in my crochet class. what an amazing lady she is.
Monday, June 14, 2010
Friday, June 11, 2010
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. pattylicious- sometimes i don't understand why she is so loyal a friend, but weeks like this i sure am glad she is.
2. my hubby- i don't understand his logic sometimes. i don't understand why he insists on me being level headed, but I'm glad that he sticks with me.
3. old friends- some of my friends from middle and high school have really cheered me up this week on facebook
4. pizza night- this has been a family tradition for a little over a decade. i love the good food and good times.
5. honesty- i can't stress how much i appreciate this. if you can't be honest with me then don't be around me.
6. crafting- i crocheted a market bag this week and i don't care for the design, but i love the color.
7. my mom- she came to visit this week and she was a definite uplift to the crap week I've had.
8. cooking- have i mentioned we are only eating at home now. the food is awesome, if you don't mind me bragging on me.
9. understanding- this only covers so much before it flies out the door and gets demolished by a passing semi.
10. truly knowing someone- i have learned a very important lesson this week.
11. the ability to help others- this too has been exploited and i find myself hardening against it in the future. i HATE being used.
12. good upbringing- i don't assume that i had a normal childhood, in fact most of you would call me a liar if i ever decided to post my whole story, i was raised to be caring, honest, and kind. i appreciate those characteristics in others.
13. my kids- have i mentioned how much i love them.
14. hornsby- sipping a cold one and calming down currently.
15. the sunshine- i hate the heat, but love the sun. i know it sounds strange, but i love the way the sun feels when I'm feeling down.
16. the garden- my how it grows
17. puppies- have i mentioned lefty?
18. blogs- I'm so glad to be able to read blogs again.
19. my ac- have i mentioned it has been hot
20. snow cones- we are thinking of opening one.
i am thankful for second chances those i have given and those that have been given to me. i hope to not let down those who have given friendship another go. so what are you thankful for? thanks again to those of you who still read and have a great weekend.
Monday, June 7, 2010
isn't this cool. we got it as a birthday gift for q and a summer toy for all the kids. they love it.
those are the booties i made for my brother. his daughter is expected in august.
the kiddos in the lil kiddy pool. they are all getting so big. q loves the water.
2. my hubby- he helps keep me calm when i really want to punch somebody upside their head.
Monday, May 31, 2010
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1 the ability to remember: this is sometimes a blessing and a curse. the ability to remember where i came from and what I've overcome helps me to be focused on the future.
2. the ability to forget: there is so much of my past that i keep pushed to the far back of my mind. it only creeps out at night when my guard is down. my demons find me at night.
3. my hubby: he usually keeps the aforementioned demons at bay even at night.
4. my friends: i can never say thank you enough to this vigilant group. your stanch defense of me is awesome, and i mean that in the fact that it truly creates a feeling of awe in me.
5. my kids: i don't know what i did that was so right to deserve the amazing kids that i have, but i am so grateful. they may not be perfect, but they are perfectly wonderful for me
6. the blogosphere: i love to blog, but i am hesitant to put myself out where others can so easily be cruel. i love the ability to write what i think and feel, but i have become somewhat hesitant for fear of the cruelty that flows so easily from some people.
7. my laptop: love to use the puter while watching TV
8. cooking: it has been great to get back to the kitchen again.
9. crafting: i can not begin to describe how nice it has been to be back in the swing of crafting, rumor has it that an etsy shop may be on its way
10. letting go: i am not perfect nor have i ever claimed to be. i use humor to take the edge off the hurt. i am so thankful for the ability to let go of the anger that ate me alive for years.
the realization that blogging is for me is very freeing. i don't do this for approval. i do it for the ability to connect to others and myself. if anyone is still out there let me know, i would love to hear from you
Monday, April 5, 2010
Thursday, February 18, 2010
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. the ability to work things out- well i don't want to air dirty laundry so that's the best you get for a description. sometimes the ability to say "sorry, i was an idiot" goes a long ways.
2. my kids- they have the ability to make a day amazing. there is nothing like hearing "you're the best mom ever" or "wow, mom you know everything" to make a girl feel good.
3. good shampoo- i have never been a lover of my hair. it has always seemed somewhat...blah to me. i have to admit i love my hair when it is all shiny and soft.
4. good makeup- the hubby got me a ton of ulta makeup for my bday, love it. her heiness decided our 100 pound lab wanted to be a vampire, so she used my good makeup to help him. argh
5. cake decorating- i forget how much i enjoy it, and then i see how awesome one of my old students is doing with her skills.
6. the birds- the hubby wanted some finches. we now have three. did i mention they are laying eggs.
7. flowers- there is still snow on the ground here and according to Doppler Dave more is on its way next week. it is nice to know that all that pretty white stuff is melting and watering my daffodils and tulips.
8. snow- LOVE the snow. i really love it when the hubby and kids are all home and we make hot chocolate and sit around the fire.
9. my hubby- he works so hard so that we can have the life that we do.
10. church family- talk about you don't know what you've got til its gone. well, somewhat. we are still searching for a new church home.
thanks for reading all comments are greatly appreciated, and the really good ones are saved in my email, so i can use them as a pick me up when i get down.
Thursday, February 11, 2010
bookmark swap-these are minimums anything extra is fine, but realize they might not send extra to you.
1 homemade bookmark- this does not have to be filet crochet mind you. a simple paper cut out that is decorated will be sufficient. keep in mind don't send something you wouldn't want to get in return. there will be themes for the months
1 recipe- it doesn't have to be anything super fancy, but something you enjoy would be nice.
1 special treat- candy bar, soap, anything special that the other person would enjoy.
none of this has to be expensive.
book swap- again just minimums.
1 book- again there will be themes. find a used bookstore to get your books from, they are way cheaper.
1 homemade item- this could be anything. a bookmark, crayons that you have remelted into a cool shape, anything your lil heart desires that the recipient would enjoy.
1 treat- same as above, this could be anything.
things are very busy around our house. q is walking around holding furniture. his top two teeth, butter scrapers, cut last night. it is Thursday so on to a thankful list
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. adult company- it is one thing that i really miss being a SAHM.
2. friendship- can you ever have too many friends?
3. nap time- its the only time anything gets done.
4. swaps- i miss them. getting goodies from someone you might not have ever met before. so fun
5. mail- i love opening the mail box to find something that doesn't require a check.
6. my bed- it still takes my breath away. it is so pretty and so very comfy.
7. laughter- the girls have the ability to make q laugh almost constantly, so our house is filled with laughter.
8. change- it truly is the only constant in the world.
9. salvation- the loss of my friend would be so much worse if he wasn't saved. i know it's not popular to talk about it.
10. the new heater in the bathroom- so warm and toasty.
11. the light at the end of the debt tunnel- all we have left are the car, the van and the house. the car will be paid off this year, the van in the next 1 1/2 years, then its just the house.
12. good hot chocolate- i love a good cup of hot chocolate. if i can brag, i make some great hot chocolate.
13. homemade bread- getting ready to make some today.
14. blogs- it makes it easier to keep up with how my friends lives are going.
15. facebook- brain dead time is so nice at the end of the day.
i hope that everyone has a great weekend. i hope that it is filled with love and kindness.
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Thursday, January 21, 2010
1. the diaper genie- seriously q is eating a lot of solids, and the smell is horrible. the genie keeps all the gross locked away.
2. the capacity for kindness: some people have such an overflowing of love and kindness that it catches on to you and won't let go.
3. real friends- while driving to town i heard the country song "you find out who you're friends are". it is easy to be a friend when the road is smooth and the sun is shining brightly. i am truly grateful to have several friends that have been and will be there when i need them.
4. good coffee- i love a good cup of coffee, and lately i have been enjoying more than usual.
5. the internet- what an amazing thing it allow us to communicate with family far away without spending a fortune.
6. good food- yeah i didn't get looking like this because i don't like food.
7. my kids- weeks without the hubby are always difficult, but the kids are so helpful and loving.
8. hot tea- it was the only thing that helped my cough this past week.
9. free crochet patterns- so many awesome cute things i want to make.
10. nap time- ah peace and quiet for a little while anyway.
i want to thank those of you who held my friend up in prayer last week. she has found a way to make a new start, and the sun is shining in her world again. i ask for you to keep my mil in your prayers, her older sister passed away this week. please keep the family in your prayers. i hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. i hope to update on my other blogs this weekend so check in and see.
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Friday, January 8, 2010
maybe a bit crazy, but not too bad. her heiness loves to snuggle with her brother. she actually just loves to snuggle and he does it so well, that he is her person of choice for now.
my models for the cookbook picture for my cooking blog. can you believe how big the kids are getting.
cvc1 thought it would be fun to snuggle with q, so she climbed into his ride. he thought this was great and began to hug and kiss her, yeah already.
cvc2 flashed a big grin and squealed cheese because i had the camera out. isn't she cute. i can't believe how big the twins are getting. we had a great time over at the house of pattylicous. another yummy pizza night. i realize i have missed several thankful Thursdays this past year, so i will do my best this year to do a better job. I AM THANKFUL FOR:
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
monkey is getting so tall. she is really beginning to look more mature everyday. her heiness is still pooping in her panties, argh. she loves preschool and is learning all kinds of fun things. q is getting big. he is officially scooting and nearly crawling. he has two teeth on the bottom, and has tons of teeth bumps on top.
Christmas was wonderful. we have a spending cap on gifts, so the gift giving is never extravagant at our house. we try to keep the focus on Christ and family. the tamales were unbelievably good as usual. we made up three different salsas this year because we have discovered my eczema is aggravated by tomatoes. my father is highly allergic to them, so i guess i should be grateful. we have had more snow so far than we did all of last year. nothing like the east coast is getting, but we don't have the same moisture they do. below is q with her heiness in his first snow. he was very curious about the cold stuff on the ground.
this is our tree. the girls decorated it this year. the gold ornaments are the same age as monkey. we got them for our tree her first Christmas.
the family picture that i always take at Christmas. aren't they the sweetest things ever. her heiness is at the age where making faces for the camera is tons of fun. if you check out the food blog you will notice she is modeling in most of the pics. she is my picture lover.
i hope that this year brings tons of joy, love and happiness to everyone. did i mention we went to see my dad? we had a great time and the kids were completely enamored with him. i hope to be able to blog every evening, but we'll see what next week brings as a solo parent.