Thursday, May 16, 2013
some days i can't even trust myself
i decided it might be fun to have funky hair color to go along with my new weight, so i went aqua. i loved it, so different from the norm. I've really been working on my accepting myself. I'm a different kind of girl and always have been. I've tried to shove myself into the "normal" mold for so long that i almost forgot how amazing God made me.
I've decided that i like me and i want to be me. that means funky hair and make-up. I've been really working to make myself something every month. this past month i made this little tank. it was a size smaller than i expected and 2 sizes smaller than in January.
i also decided that it might be fun to do pink hair for my first 5k. it was a komen fun run in April. i ran more of it than i walked, so i am proud of myself. i need to keep up the work, but it was a good cause.
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. laughter- there is so much pain in the world, so many tears are shed every day and i am so glad for the laughter. my kids are constantly making me laugh.
2. books- my kids are all turning out to be readers and I'm so thrilled that i have passed my love on to them. the librarians know us and are always so excited to see my kids with the pile of books each of them carries to check out
3. contacts- i got contacts last week for the first time and i am loving them. now all my cool/funky make-up can be seen.
4. my hubby- he is so supportive of my and my attempt to get healthier. i am so glad that God sent him my way
5. crafts- it feels so good to be able to make things with own hands.
6. good food- I'm learning with eating less that i really appreciate food. I'm learning to enjoy good for me food that also tastes good.
7. friends- i am so blessed with such a great group of friends. they are such a great support for me when i get all funky.
8. heels- i love the way they make me feel and look. the kids got my 4 new pair for mother's day. they were on bogo, so i got 4 instead of 2.
9. dancing- i love to dance and my sweet hubby has been trying to take me out more often.
10. love- the love i feel for my kids, the love i have for my hubby, the love they return to me, and the love that made the world and then saved it.
i hope that everyone has a great weekend.