WELCOME TO THE KINGDOM OF THE BIRDS

we're just a family of finches making our way in the town w/o a frown.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades

this is from one of my favorite songs we sing during worship at church. i had every intention of blogging sooner, but we were without Internet for two weeks and then..... well suffice it to say life happens. yesterday i went into surgery to remove an ectopic pregnancy, so now I'm trying to recover. while in surgery the doctor realized that the fallopian tube had already ruptured, two weeks ago is her guess of when it happened. so in the face of losing a life that i was carrying in my body, i could have lost mine. that was not God's plan yet, for He spared my life. the doctor assured finch, i was still in recovery, that we should have no problem having another lil finch if we still chose to. i have been so blessed with prayers and well wishes from my dear and wonderful friends. during my short stay at the hospital peaches came to see me and brought me chocolate, a beautiful magazine, and an apron book. how awesome is that. pattylicious came to the hospital to see me too, and she brought me the prettiest sparkly daisies. i am truly blessed with a wonderful group of friends. i am so thankful for all the love and prayers that have been showered on me and my family as we waited to see what would be.

I AM THANKFUL FOR:

1. prayers- the ability to communicate with the Lord, this has been my saving grace the past two weeks.

2. God- without him i wouldn't be here.

3. life- i know that medically speaking i shouldn't have made it, but i am here by God's will and i am soooo thankful for that

4. good doctors- my ob/gyn twice has given advice that has let me live a full life.

5. friends- my sweet friend kayla kept the kids for me during the days that i spent at the dr trying to figure out what was wrong with me. my dear friend firecracker came and stayed the night with the kids, so that finch could be with me in the hospital. all my other friends that offered up prayers and gave kind words when things seemed so dark, they reminded me of the Light.

6. my hubby- he is taking excellent care of me.

7. my sweet kids- monkey has been cooking dinner for us, so that i can be off my feet. the princess has been fetching me cups of water. the poor lil q just wants to be held and loved.

8. pain meds- i usually don't use the pain meds that I'm given, but oh my am i glad i got the prescription filled this time. wow i hurt.

9. compassion- the nursing staff decided to prep me in my room for surgery because there were lots of babies in pre-op and they didn't want me to be sad. they gave hugs and prayers to help comfort me. what a great group of ladies.

10. my recliner- i can relax in the living room with the fam instead of being in bed by myself.

I've seen so much cruelty in my life and it is too easy to get caught up in the cruelty that the world dishes out. it is easy to forget how many truly kind people there are in this world. thank you to each and everyone of you.

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

I'm so sorry for your loss - I am glad you are (relatively speaking) ok. I can't image the pain (both physically and emotionally) but I'm so glad that you are safe and still here!

Leah of RamFam said...

You're not in the town without a frown anymore...

DyessFam said...

I love you and am very glad you are. :)