this will be relatively short, as i am feeling exhausted and want to rest.
I AM THANKFUL FOR
1. long walks- they always pep me up and put me in a better mood.
2. animal crackers- they really help when my tummy grumbles
3. good friends- both new and old. i am grateful for the friends that i have.
4. comments- i love both to give and receive. they really have a way of perking up the day.
5. good teachers- monkey's math teacher called today, and i began to panic. it usually isn't good news when a teacher calls and there was an "incident" that included monkey at school yesterday. instead the teacher called to tell me what a bright, wonderful, and intelligent girl she was. this teacher rocks.
6. dvr- so i can watch tv when the girls are sleeping.
7. pizza night-this tradition dates back about 9 years or so. every friday night we have pizza. it started as frozen and slowly we have progressed to homemade. we also get to enjoy this with our friends which makes it that much cooler.
8. my hubby- what an amazing man he really is.
9. my adorable daughters- her heiness asked where the baby was, and monkey told her in momma's belly. so now at completely random times she will lift the bottom of my shirt up to pet the baby.
10. dave ramsey's program- although it is mostly common sense, it is nice to have a definite plan in front of us. if things go the way we hope they will we should be debt free, other than the house, in the next 2 years or less. how much does that rock.
the incident at school went something like this. a little girl who has always had it in for monkey was picking on another little girl at recess. monkey told her to stop because that wasn't very nice. the little girl told her to "shut up ratface" and then punched her in the stomach. did i mention this whole thing was being watched by one of their teachers? when the teacher asked what was going on another girl responded with "demon child just punched monkey in the stomach for no reason."* what did the teacher do? she told the girls that they all needed to get along. monkey walked away looking dejected. i could have ripped that little girl's hair out from the inside i was so mad. now i get to decide what exactly to do about this situation. did i mention this isn't the first time this little girl has physically assaulted monkey? anyway, take some time to tell those that matter in your life how you feel about them. have a great weekend.
*NAMES HAVE BEEN CHANGED TO PROTECT THE INNOCENT and that monster child whose mother is a gossip monger.