well not really, but Rosemond showed up in Amarillo on Saturday and that is close enough. she and her family have been on vacation, and we got to see them for brunch in Amarillo. i haven't seen her in about 12 years or so. i also got to meet her lovely family. we spent the rest of Saturday cutting and splitting wood. Sunday we had church in the park. i made deviled eggs for the event. the cowden clan came down for church in the park, and joe made some really delicious banana pudding. Monday finch spent studying and i got my fall sassy apron swap stuff all finished and packaged up. i really hope she likes it. i will post pics later, maybe tomorrow. i finished getting everything for my flirty apron swap today. oh am i excited. i will send that package tomorrow. then post all of the pics. did i mention that my friend tara and her wee ones came over on Sunday? all the kiddos played together and had a good time. we adults all got to hang out and enjoy adult conversation. i have really learned to appreciate adult conversation. well it is that day again. time for thankful Thursdays.
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. text messages- we got the "everything package" on Friday, so now we have text abilities. this has been a lot of fun so far. my hubby got a new "even better than mine" phone. he spent all night texting everyone instead of talking to us.
2. world market- i went today so i could get the rest of my swap stuff, and i am SOOO glad that we have one in Amarillo now.
3. care packages- my friend got hers and really liked it. bringing happiness to others makes my day.
4. cool weather- it was 53 this morning when i climbed out of bed. i LOVE fall, winter and spring.
5. my hubby- he knows that i have been exhausted lately, so he let me sleep an extra hour today. he got monkey up and ready for school, so that i could get some extra sleep.
6. the girls- they are a never ending source of love and wonder for me.
7. fabric shopping- i am such an addict.
8. the two new aprons i will be getting in the near future.
9. riding lawn mowers- we live on about a city block, and i usually mow most of it with a push mower. the hubby go the rider going and mowed the back 40 for me on Tuesday.
10. sushi- had it for lunch at my favorite Thai/Chinese/Japanese place in canyon. when i was pregnant with her heiness i craved sushi. the guys that run the place would make an extra "for the baby". when she was born they gave us a huge box of diapers. do you think we eat there too often?
this has been a very busy and wonderful week. there are several things that i have been praying about that i can now see answers to. God is good. take some time to think about what you're grateful for.