WELCOME TO THE KINGDOM OF THE BIRDS

we're just a family of finches making our way in the town w/o a frown.

Monday, November 24, 2008

i just want to live while i'm alive

what a weekend we had. we took the girls to go see bolt on friday, it was cute. on saturday we had a wee get together for monkey's birthday. i can't believe how big she is getting. i know that sounds corny, but it doesn't seem like that long ago. amazon gave monkey an easy bake oven for her birthday, i'm a bit jealous. we are having a family birthday party for her on friday after thanksgiving. my aunt sue is baking the cake for her. i went to the post office friday to send my thankful things swap package, and there waiting for me were 3 packages. i was sure at least 2 had to be for monkey, but no they were all for me. one was my thankful things package.
the humorous part is that many of the things she was thankful for i am too, so she got different things for the same thankful. the other two packages were from my friend vanillafrog. this is what was in them.
monkey was sad there wasn't anything at the post office for her, so i let her have a piece of paper from the notepad. i LOVE surprise gifties, and these couldn't have come at a better time. the hubby and i had a HUGE fight on thursday and my best bud called to let me know that her situation had gone from bad to horrible. well, the hubby and i are fine he admitted that he had been inconsiderate and i said that i would try not to get my feelings hurt. then yesterday i got news that my best bud's situation is improving. so the gifties were the beginning of a wonderful weekend. thanks you guys.

2 comments:

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

Aren't gifts just the most wonderful things? And they don't have to be much; just knowing someone is thinking of you like that makes it nice. I'm glad things worked out for you and the hubby and that your friend is doing better too. Happy belated birthday to Monkey!! They grow too fast, don't they?!

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

oh yeah for gifties... glad they came when you needed 'em most. funny how the spirit works thataway... hope you had a blessed thanksgiving!