we've been watching megamind again. q absolutely loves it and anything with that great of a soundtrack has my vote. June is over halfway gone and I'm not halfway finished with all the packing. turns out packing makes me tired, and being over tired makes me cramp. i feel so blah lately, i know mostly because I'm missing my sweet hubby worse everyday. i sat down with my aunt on father's day and we were discussing weight loss, good conversation for a pregnant chick right. i told her that i had dropped a lil over 8 pounds since we got back to happy, and it wasn't until i was talking to her about calories that it occurred to me that perhaps i wasn't getting what i should be. yeah, most days I'm getting less than 1000. oops, i have the tendency when busy to forget to eat and drink, yep that's why the kidneys hurt today. I'm doing my best to remedy the situation, but old habits die hard. I'm tired and tomorrow will come early, and I'm finishing my cookbook packing tomorrow. already packed 6 boxes of them today. on the the thankfuls
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. text messages- it's about the only form of communication i have anymore.
2. central air- with highs over 100 this girl is way to hot just walking to the car.
3. ravelry- there is a group that i belong to and they are just so amazing. they cheer when you are up, they rally around when you are down. love this group
4. my hubby- the nightmares are getting worse and he sends me sweet emails and calls to reassure me that all is well.
5. prayer- the power of prayer is more amazing than i can ever explain.
6. friends- i have a great group that supports me and lifts me up in prayer whenever i need it, thanks guys
7. the ability to say no- my family situation is tense at best, both related and married to, and it has been such a relief to step away and say nothing. no i won't be your friend on fb, no i won't tell you what is eating me alive so you can pawn it to the highest bidder, no i won't let you bring me down anymore.
8. standing firm- the hubby and i have some very strict rules and guidelines as far as our kids go, and some of these, most of these, have been tested the past 6 months. it feels good to not back down from what we know is right and what we know God has set forth. yep, even when everybody else is doing it.
9. friends from the past- there were some wonderful christian people put in my path during a very difficult time in my life, and they were always such a bright beacon of hope for me. i only wish that i had known to run to these people when my world collapsed. i wonder if i had run to them instead of seeking solace in a bottle how much smoother high school would have been. how was i to know that some people offer love unconditionally. thank you ladies, you may never know how much you and your daughters meant to me.
10. good teachers- i had some great teachers and i have friends who are now great teachers. keep up the good fight, you never know how much you you do for those kids.
i hope that this first weekend of summer is cooler for you than it will be here. smile you never know whose day you will brighten