WELCOME TO THE KINGDOM OF THE BIRDS

we're just a family of finches making our way in the town w/o a frown.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

sweet finch


finch wrote this for me for valentine's day. i have a copy that hangs on the fridge, and whenever i get frustrated with him i read it and i remember how much i love him. i thought that i would share it with you, i asked if i could, so that you can see what a sweet guy he really is deep down inside. hope you enjoy.

Sometimes at night, when I close my eyes,
I start thinking of you and then ask myself, why?
Why do I love you? I think and I smile,
because I know the list could run on for a mile.
The whisper of your voice, the warmth of your touch,
so many little things that make me love you so much.
The way you support me, and help with my emotion,
the way that you care and show such devotion.
The way that your kiss, fills me with desire,
and how you hold me with the blaze of a fire.
The way your eyes shine when you look at me,
here with you forever is where I want to be.
The way that I feel when you're by my side,
a sense of completion and overflowing pride.
The dreams that I dream, they all involve you,
the possibilities I see and the things we can do.
How you finish the puzzle that lies in my heart,
how so deep in my soul, you are the most important part.
I could go on for days, telling you how I feel,
but all you really must know is my love for you is real.