i have really pondered about this blog post. mainly because i don't want it to be taken out of context. i do not proclaim to be a nice person, i do not proclaim to be the most christian person, and i surely do not claim to be the end all or the be all. if you need help, more often than not i will help. i do however expect a certain level of.... decorum to be upheld. i have had a really hard time this week being grateful. it seems like everywhere i look i find cruelty. i don't understand. so i haven't posted a thankful list, to those who still read i do apologize. this week has brought me to a very dark place. i am praying to be through this soon. here are my thankfuls, a day late, but not a dollar short.
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. pattylicious- sometimes i don't understand why she is so loyal a friend, but weeks like this i sure am glad she is.
2. my hubby- i don't understand his logic sometimes. i don't understand why he insists on me being level headed, but I'm glad that he sticks with me.
3. old friends- some of my friends from middle and high school have really cheered me up this week on facebook
4. pizza night- this has been a family tradition for a little over a decade. i love the good food and good times.
5. honesty- i can't stress how much i appreciate this. if you can't be honest with me then don't be around me.
6. crafting- i crocheted a market bag this week and i don't care for the design, but i love the color.
7. my mom- she came to visit this week and she was a definite uplift to the crap week I've had.
8. cooking- have i mentioned we are only eating at home now. the food is awesome, if you don't mind me bragging on me.
9. understanding- this only covers so much before it flies out the door and gets demolished by a passing semi.
10. truly knowing someone- i have learned a very important lesson this week.
11. the ability to help others- this too has been exploited and i find myself hardening against it in the future. i HATE being used.
12. good upbringing- i don't assume that i had a normal childhood, in fact most of you would call me a liar if i ever decided to post my whole story, i was raised to be caring, honest, and kind. i appreciate those characteristics in others.
13. my kids- have i mentioned how much i love them.
14. hornsby- sipping a cold one and calming down currently.
15. the sunshine- i hate the heat, but love the sun. i know it sounds strange, but i love the way the sun feels when I'm feeling down.
16. the garden- my how it grows
17. puppies- have i mentioned lefty?
18. blogs- I'm so glad to be able to read blogs again.
19. my ac- have i mentioned it has been hot
20. snow cones- we are thinking of opening one.
i am thankful for second chances those i have given and those that have been given to me. i hope to not let down those who have given friendship another go. so what are you thankful for? thanks again to those of you who still read and have a great weekend.