WELCOME TO THE KINGDOM OF THE BIRDS

we're just a family of finches making our way in the town w/o a frown.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

since you've been gone

i have been trying to get back into the blogosphere lately, and i have discovered and rediscovered some thrilling blogs. i found several bead blogs that are so creative. i love lamp work beads and i love to bead. several years back my wonderful hubby bought me a lamp work kit for our anniversary. when i was in college i took glassblowing as one of my electives, and it was so far beyond fun. when i graduated i was very sad that i wouldn't be able to do it anymore, and that is why my sweet thoughtful hubby got it for me. i think that i may try my hand at quilting this fall. it is something i have wanted to learn for quite so time, and as they say no better time than the present. i have several friends that are expecting this fall, and i have been hard at work making sweet baby stuff for them.

i have recently signed up for a new swap over at ravelry. if you love crafting it is the place to be. i am currently in 3 swaps. one all we do is send each other letters. you know snail mail, i love snail mail. one of them we send homemade/handmade washcloths. i am enjoying having reasons to craft. the sweet hubby is playing oblivion on the xbox, did i mention he LOVES the xbox? he works so hard to provide for us, so i can stay home, and i feel like the least i can do is to let him have some downtime. on to my thankfuls.

I AM THANKFUL FOR:

1. my life- it was a hard road to get here, but man I'm glad i did. believe me when i say but by the grace of God go i.

2. honesty- even when it hurts, it is good to hear.

3. friends- you know the ones who know they can tell you something even if it isn't what you want to hear. thanks guys.

4. learning from my mistakes- experience is a tough teacher, she's not very nice.

5. learning new stuff- this week of cooking food that is unfamiliar to me has been so nice. it is soothing to create something that I'm not completely familiar with. i have discovered most of the Greek food i have made this week has been very work and time intensive.

6. babies- there is something about new life that is...so...amazing, sorry trying to search for the right word.

7. church- we have been attending a church for a while now, and the preacher speaks on such an understandable/no nonsense kind of way that just hits you between the eyes.

8. small town living- it isn't for everyone, but there are days that it is worth any headache. it is nice to know people are looking out for each other.

9. letting go- ahhhh, to let go of the anger and hard feelings. this is hard to do when there is no recourse for the pain. this goes back to forgiveness is for the forgiver not the forgiven.

10. knowing the truth- there is tremendous power in knowing the truth about a person. knowing who and what they really are. i think this is why people who have known you for so long are so wonderful, yet so dangerous.

i hope that this weekend is wonderful for everyone. thank you for all of the support and kind words lately. it is so good to know we are not alone in this world. thanks again for reading

6 comments:

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Thanks for the reminder I have some baby afaghans I need to finish. I love the church we go to. And my church family. Sometimes it is hard living in a small town (I do) but I wouldnt change it for the world. #9 is hard for me too. Have a great week end Chickadee!

queen of everything said...

we had an amazing sermon tonight about forgiveness. love our church. you better get busy on those afghans, that's what i keep telling myself anyway.

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

Quilting is so much fun! I think you'll love it. I'm currently working on a flag for my front door and next is a quilt for my oldest daughter.

Great thankful list!

Pattylicious said...

I wanna quilt so crazy bad! I am so excited about the swaps. There is already a pretty sweet spin on the fall, beside it just being fall.

I don't have a blog anymore, but I am thankful that you have put a no drama spell on your house. Unfortunately they are like cockroaches and though, you may have sprayed for them they will just move on to the next house. I am thankful that you are my best friend and I cannot wait to craft like crazy with you this fall!

I love you!
P

Pattylicious said...

Did you see that that included my name?! Yay!

queen of everything said...

sweet pattylicious, i saw that your name appeared although your blog is no more. :(