WELCOME TO THE KINGDOM OF THE BIRDS

we're just a family of finches making our way in the town w/o a frown.

Friday, July 2, 2010

our house is a very, very, very fine house

another amazing week has come to an end. i am busy making plans for the 4th of July. this week has brought some deep contemplation to our household and some closure. i have an interview for the job at the post office next Friday. my FIL is in the hospital with heart problems. we love pappy and this has been hard on the family. he is a christian, so i know where he will spend eternity. this knowledge doesn't ease the concern for his health and future. i was hoping to get my thankfuls posted yesterday, but i was to busy hanging at my besties. here they are for this lovely week in July.

I AM THANKFUL FOR:

1. the ability to crochet- i love to make stuff for myself and my loved ones. below is a picture of some of the things I've made so far.


2. cooler weather- the last week has been cool and beautiful here.


3. sharing- i love when one of the lessons i try to teach my kids finally sinks in. q was sharing his animal crackers with the geese.
4. the beauty of nature- what great work God did when creating the world that i live in.


5. love- especially the love of children. the capacity they have to care and give amazes me. at what point do we loose the wonder that children hold for the world? i see my children and the way they view the world, and it makes me step back and thank God for all he has given me.



6. the garden- we officially have wee little zucchini and radishes.

7. disposable diapers- with what comes out of my son they are truly a blessing.

8. knowing oneself- learning who i am, and accepting that person is so freeing.

9. friends- one major upside of this summer is the amount of time I've been able to spend with my pattylicious.

10. my health- sometimes i don't say thanks for my health out loud, but i am so grateful for it.

11. our veterans- without them i wouldn't have the freedoms i love and enjoy. THANK YOU.

the pictures above were mostly taken at a local park where you can feed the fowl. the kids had an absolute blast. thanks for reading and i hope this holiday weekend finds you happy and blessed.

3 comments:

Pattylicious said...

Why isn't there just a "like" button?

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

Beautiful pictures! The kids look great. I love your thankful list.

Leah of RamFam said...

Honestly, at first glance, I thought that was a young Adeline in the picture with the stroller. She use to pose just like that. And was cute and chubby and that age. Time flies...