that's right sing it to the tune of the "itsy bitsy spider". the girls sang that to us as were driving home from piano last night. i am happy to report my spoilee for the swap received her package and was thrilled with it. i don't know why i worry so much, maybe it is because secretly i crave recognition and validation. my friend's mom is back in ICU, she was improving so well and then took another nosedive. i think i may rename her heiness to the princess, yeah let's do that. well, the princess missed pre-k yesterday because she was sick Wednesday, and i don't send sick kids to school. I'm so excited about being able to go to east Texas. it will be a quick trip, but I'm hoping to get to see some of my buds. there is a hotel with a 2 room suite we will be staying at when we are there, and I'm trying to talk the hubby into driving in Friday and leaving Sunday. i didn't even realize i had missed my thankful list because i didn't realize yesterday was Thursday. i began this post this morning, but right as i began to list my thankfuls i got a text from my friend, firecracker. her mom is the one in ICU. i spent today there with her and her brother as they made some very difficult choices. my love and prayers go out to them and their families tonight.
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. good Kleenexes- otherwise my nose would be raw by now. there were many tears shed today.
2. good friends- while visiting another of our friends arrived. she was tired from her long drive, but glad that she could be there when her friend needed her.
3. changes- I'm so glad that at some point when i wasn't paying attention i became an adult, and so did the people i went to high school with.
4. hot tea- I'm feeling a bit weak tonight and the tea is helping warm me.
5. fall- there was a crisp bite to the air this morning and it whispered fall to me.
6. my hubby- he watched the kids today, so that i could be with my friend. he then took us all to dinner to get us out of the hospital. he is an amazing man
7. my kids- apparently they played very well today, and even got a big bag of dum dums for my friend.
8. my bestie- we were going to have a date tonight, but i was called elsewhere instead. she was so sweet about it and i really appreciate it.
9. crafts- they help work out some of my angst and turmoil.
10. you- that's right all of you who read this and leave me encouraging words. i can't say thank you enough to you.
11. peaches- she's my friend from Georgia. i received the sweetest package in the mail from her this week. she said that she sensed that it had been a rough summer for me and she wanted me to know that she had been thinking about me. thank you.
it is good to be thought about and prayed for. have a good night I'm going to crochet something