WELCOME TO THE KINGDOM OF THE BIRDS

we're just a family of finches making our way in the town w/o a frown.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

do you believe in magic

there was a complaint about lack of photos from the blizzard. well, here is my favorite that i took on our way home.
that would be my husband shoveling our car out when it got stuck on the road. you can see how much snow there was on the road, and this was one of the better stretches of road.


this is the girls in the hotel room eating snow. they sent daddy out to get the ice bucket full of snow. i wish i had been thinking forward and i would have brought the stuff to make snow ice cream, but i didn't. they don't seem to mind though. on to the thankful list that i haven't done in several weeks. I AM THANKFUL FOR:

1. txdot- really they had the roads clear and ready to drive.

2. pattylicious- she let us crash at her house after our long drive home. it was awesome everyone was very happy to be together.

3. schwann's home delivery- it is nice to have easy to prepare healthy lunch options.

4. my husband- he can fix anything, which is good since the hot tub has been on the blink.

5. karen- who picked up my angel food when i couldn't make it.

6. my cell phone- it allowed me communication with the outside world while trapped in the land of snow.

7. God- He alone is the reason we made it home safe and sound and to Him i give great thanks.

8. bird feeders- i love to look out the front door while typing on the computer and see all the pretty birds eating.

9. my wee little indoor garden- i used some of the lemon thyme on my salmon for lunch. it was so much more than delicious.

10. babies- i can't believe how fast the twins have grown and grayson too. soon little Q will be here and before i know it he will be walking around. every time my SIL posts pics of her kids i can't believe how big they are. i don't get to see them very often so they seem to grow much faster.

i hope that everyone is doing well and enjoying the beginning of spring, did i mention i woke up to snow on the ground this morning. take some time to think about all the blessing you have in your life.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It was so hard to be thankful after my day yesterday, but your wonderful comments and calming voice were the hugs that I needed at that moment. You are an amazing friend and I am so glad we were matched up that random chance meeting through a blog that doesn't even exist anymore...gosh, that seems like sooooo long a go.

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

Great pictures. Wow! What a storm. Good thankful list too. I like the indoor garden. I've always wanted one of those.

Pattylicious said...

Thanks, man. You can stay at my house anytime you want to.