WORD OF THE DAY-mephitic: 1. Offensive to the smell; as, mephitic odors. 2. Poisonous; noxious.
what a week it has been so far. the hubby and i are discussing expanding the family. the reality of the situation is we've gotten very comfy with our girls. would adding one more shake things up beyond recognition? i don't remember this much discussion about the 2nd child. we originally wanted 4 or 6, but after waiting 6 years between the first two we are adjusting our ideas. our eldest will be 9 this fall and i will be 30. also have i mentioned that my mom is a triplet. she and my aunt sue are identical twins. not sure how long i want to continue changing diapers. that sounds really selfish when said out loud doesn't it. if pregnancy was easy on me it might not be such a difficult decision. with monkey i was sick from conception to delivery. after i delivered her my mom made the comment that she didn't think i would carry to term due to my constant illness. then the miscarriage at 11 1/2 weeks. i was on modified bedrest the majority of my pregnancy with her highness. my ob told me that she would sono me regularly starting at roughly 36 weeks to make sure that the baby wouldn't be too big. monkey weighed 7 lbs. 11 oz. and was about 2 1/2 weeks early. her highness weighed in at 9 lbs. 7 1/2 oz. and was a week early. i didn't gain much weight with either of them. it always feels better when you get things off your chest. it seems that everyone is in baby mode. my friend shellybabes is preggers, so happy for her, this will be #3 for her and her wonderful hubby. my friend trisha is having a little boy in december. krista is preggers, and pattylicious just had 2 little girls. it just seems that all of the reasons not to have another are rather selfish. who cares if i'm not as thin as i would like to be. will another child really disrupt our future plans? the only real concern is how to pay for the sweet creature. anyway on with thankful thursdays.
i am thankful for....
1. music- so many stories that i can relate to.
2. books- over at vanilla frog's blog you can find a list of 100 books that we should all read. i have read 36 of them.
3. teachers- with out them i wouldn't have read those books.
4. leah- she is my hubby's baby sister. it took us a little while, but we've become pretty good friends. i just wish that she lived closer.
5. IM- it is the way that the hubby and i stay in touch while he's at work.
6. our military- i can never thank them or their families enough for what they do. THANK YOU
7. mail- the kind that surprises you. a little letter from a friend that says hello or thanks. it is nice to open the mail and see something other than bills.
8. fresh herbs- they really add a great touch to food.
9. my camry- with over 90,000 miles it still runs like it was new. love my car.
10. the love of a child- they love so completely even when it isn't always deserved.
and thankyou too all who read these and leave comments. i really appreciate them.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT IN THE WORDS OF Henry Ward Beecher "Where is human nature so weak as in the bookstore?"