WORD OF THE DAY- melange: A mixture; a medley.
i was having a discussion the other day with pattylicious about how much i enjoy thankful Thursdays. i spend all week thinking about what ten I'm going to list, so i look for things to be thankful for. this tends to make me more aware of all the wonderful things that i have to be thankful for. i will be in the DC area from tomorrow until next Thursday, then in Austin until Sunday. i will try to get a thankful list up next week, but no promises. so for this week here we go.
i am thankful for:
1. baking soda- not only does it help make chocolate chip cookies it takes vaporub out of 2 year olds hair. did i mention she climbs?
2. disposable diapers- i don't know how people do cloth, i just don't have the patience
3. yahoo messenger- it is way fun. i get to chat with my homies all day
4. byrd house- she made my day. i did her summer swap and will be doing her fall swap. while putting my info together she realized the difference in sizes from then and now. she shot me a real short email about it. it made my day/week.
5. my awesome fun socks- there is just something so awesome about looking down at you feet and seeing smiley faces. thanks lola.
6. coffee- i like it plain or with the frills. i just like it. i miss going for coffee and just sitting, talking and hanging out.
7. my awesome phone- the hubby just got me a 2 gig memory card for it. now it will hold tons of songs, pictures, or other random stuff. we're getting the data pkg for it in sept. way excited
8. movies in the car- i have never been a big proponent for movies in the car. until i had a little girl who HATES to ride in the car. she can be somewhat pacified with movies, but even then she is a bit cantankerous.
9. fruities- i can have the whole package of candy for a mere 1 point. this will come in handy during the trip.
10. individualism- I'm glad that i get to be myself. however crazy that may be.
what are you thankful for this week? take time to think about it. have a great weekend, i know i will. :)
FOOD FOR THOUGHT- IN THE WORDS OF KATHERINE HEPBURN "Acting is the most minor of gifts and not a very high-class way to earn a living. After all, Shirley Temple could do it at the age of four."