WORD OF THE DAY-KOBOLD: A kind of domestic spirit in German mythology.
the apricot butter recipe that you have asked me for:
5 lbs apricots, halved and pitted
6 c sugar
1 c water
4 Tbsp lemon juice
mix all in a large pot bring to boil. cook until it maintains its shape/about 22o degrees. add lemon juice. put in sterilized jars. put lids and bands on jars. tighten bands. put jars in hot water bath. boil 10 minutes. remove pot from heat, remove lid from pot, and let sit 5 minutes. remove jars from water bath cool and store. (keep in mind that this isn't a true butter because we do not make an equal consistency. if you would like to do this then email me and i will send the recipe to you. to make the amaretto butter add 1 oz. almond flavoring to the mixture.)
i had a question about my dad. i'm not sure how he is and i'm having a jumble of mixed emotions about the situation currently. i'm going to go ahead and post my thankful thursday post because tomorrow is my father's birthday and i already have a post scheduled for it.
i am thankful for:
1. music- i have always loved music and can find a song to fit almost any situation. i find it to be very comforting.
2. pattilicious- not only will she listen to me vent, she will plot revenge. she is an amazing woman. i can never say enough good things about her. when i had my miscarriage she brought me bright colored daisies to school. then when she heard someone had been hateful about the miscarriage she attempted to run them down. unfortunately the giant girl saw her coming and moved quickly in the opposite direction.
3. prayer- the amazing power that it has.
4. friday night pizza night- we have been doing this since monkey was roughly 2. she will be 9 this year. it is a great time to reconnect and just hang out. i am grateful that we have added the pattilicious clan to our tradition.
5. thankful thursdays- making a commitment to write down what i am thankful for has made me much more appreciative everyday.
6. angel food ministries- good food cheap. if you haven't tried them look them up.
7. pictures- we capture the best and happiest moments in our lives. those are what we should dwell on.
8. human touch- sometimes a hug or simple touch can convey more love than all the words available. it is a rare occasion that i offer these because i don't really like to be touched. i'm getting better with the help of the girls.
9. my bed- my father in law and hubby built it. it is so tall that i needed a step stool to get in it when i was pregnant.
10. the mayornator- this is pattilicious' husband. he is one of my hubby's only friends. i'm very grateful that they get along so well.
what are you grateful for? again i appreciate all of the nice comments. i almost forgot the sign up for the next sassy apron swap begins july 14. have a great week.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT- IN THE WORDS OF Paul Harvey "In times like these, it helps to recall that there have always been times like these."