WORD OF THE DAY- spoony: 1. Foolish; silly; excessively sentimental. 2. Foolishly or sentimentally in love.
during my vacation i realized that there a so many things that i am thankful for. some really little and silly, and some that are huge. strangely i find myself drawn to a lot of the little ones. i hope to post another vacation post tomorrow. i would like to post a few prayer requests, you know how thankful i am for prayer. i have some friends that are going through breakups that are necessary, but heartbreaking. i almost wonder if the necessity is part of what makes them so much worse. no names, just keep them in your prayers, i am. i also have a friend whose mother is facing the loss of a dear friend. the friend and her family have been through a lot in the past, as has her mother. this same friend has an aunt who begins chemo soon. i know that prayer works. sometime the results aren't what we want them to be, but they are answered in God's time and with His plan in mind. things that i am thankful for:
1. prayer-always thankful for it. it is the most powerful thing that we as humans have. the power to talk to God should not be taken lightly.
2. church family- we will be losing a wonderful member of our church soon to his battle with cancer. the loss brings the importance of this group to the top of my thoughts.
3. diversity- I'm a big fan of "if we were all alike wouldn't the world be boring." i appreciate the different cultures that we often come into contact with that so often we never notice.
4. computers- i really don't know how i would function with out one.
5. a sense of humor- mine may be twisted, but at least i have one. many people apparently got really short changed on this one.
6. school- it starts soon, monkey does better with familiar structure.
7. Kleenex (the good ones)- my allergies are in overload, so i am very grateful for the ones that don't kill your nose.
8. angel food ministries- we order tomorrow. if you haven't looked them up you really should.
9. screaming children- if you can still hear them, then they're not dead. i really only worry when they get really quiet.
10. getting older- for some reason the older you get people think that your answers are more valid. not sure why.
and since i missed last week a bonus ten:
1. face book- what a wonderful complete waste of time.
2. sewing- I'm plotting/planning my apron. i will actually be making more than one so i am way excited.
3. sushi- so tasty and way better for me than some of the other things i like to eat.
4. my mom- we've been having some really awesome talks and i am really glad that we have a good relationship.
5. idiots- with out them i wouldn't realize how nice my life really is.
6. new paths- we may be embarking on a new path in the relatively near future. kind of excited kind of scared, but grateful that we are open to new things.
7. babies- there just seem to be so many of them.
8. coffee mugs- found some gorgeous ones while we were in dc. now when i drink my coffee i think about how much fun we had.
9. dependability- people who say they will and they do. too few people have this quality.
10. realizing that alcohol doesn't change the person you are. it releases your inhibitions, and you have not fear of acting like who you really are. still not sure why people give the excuse "i didn't mean it i was drunk".
FOOD FOR THOUGHT- IN THE WORDS OF Cicero "A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all other virtues."