this has been a tough week for me. instead of concentrating on the AWESOME aprons i am making, i have been in serious self doubt and quandary. if those responsible for that are reading, thank you. it has been a week of reflection. well, i know everyone has been waiting anxiously for my thankful list this week. here it is:
I AM THANKFUL FOR-
1. revelations- not the book in the bible mind you, it just confuses me. you know in movies and tv shows the moment you realize that the one you think is a good guy turns out to be the homicidal clown, well Monday and Tuesday were something like that for me.
2. those who shine- not shiny foreheads. you know those people who are genuinely good, and their goodness and kindness just seems to radiate from them. i know it isn't "proper" to use real names on here, but rosemond this ones for you, thanks.
3. cell phones- yes, they can be annoying, but the ability to get in touch with someone is amazing. last night we had an incident at the church. it turned out to be nothing serious, but it was very concerning at the time. the ability to call the person we needed and get the problem resolved, well that's good stuff.
4. freedom- some times we dwell on all the problems that our country is having, and we don't remember all of the wonderful freedoms we enjoy.
5. second chances- we had a fellow living in our apartment a while back who's soon to be bride dumped him for someone else. now this fellow had his problems, but i do believe everyone deserves happiness. he is now married to a lovely, wonderful, kind woman. glad he got another chance.
6. crafting- this is a great release for tension, anger, frustration, sadness, and all the other junk that clouds the mind.
7. Wednesdays- yes, they are the busiest day of my week, but the kindness of the people at church is so helpful. it helps me to realize that i am not a bad person, or pretending to be someone I'm not. thanks for all the kind words when i needed them.
8. rain- we had our 6th day in a row of not even hitting 80. along with the wonderful cool weather has been a nice steady rain. mmmm. love days like that.
9. music- i have always enjoyed music. in fact i can often find a song to express how i feel when words escape me.
10. the future- and all the possibilities that it holds.
shelly, thank you for the kind comments and wise words. take some time to think about what you're thankful for. don't worry about the haters, they need drama to make them feel important. victimization and martyrdom complex are necessary tools for them to feel worth and importance. take care dear reader and have an AWESOME weekend.