WELCOME TO THE KINGDOM OF THE BIRDS

we're just a family of finches making our way in the town w/o a frown.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

hold me like you'll never let me go

thanks for the bits of advice on belly discomfort. i think it is just one of those joys of pregnancy. I'm learning to take it a bit easier, this is quite difficult for me. the hubby made it home last night, and her heiness has refused to be away from him. he had been gone since Monday morning. i gave the booties to the new mommy and she really liked them. there are a family of kids that attend Wednesday night suppers, and their sister recently lost her husband in a car accident. they had just had a beautiful baby girl, so I'm whipping up a pair of booties for her. our preacher announced that he will be leaving our church in a few weeks for a new church. this didn't come as much of a surprise for my family because we are very close to the preacher. we have been praying since July that the Lord would provide a church home for him. i am sad that he is leaving us, but thrilled that the Lord has provided him with a new church home. things have been tense since July at our little church and i know that it has been incredibly stressful for him and his wife. I'm not sure what will happen with the Wednesday night suppers because they are one of the ministries he started, and with him gone I'm not sure if the church will continue them or not. monkey brought home all A's again this six weeks. we are so proud of her. well, i have lots to get done today, so on to my thankful list.

I AM THANKFUL FOR:

1. people with helping hearts- seriously go check her out. i think this may be one of the best lent blogs i have read. i haven't had the pleasure of meeting her in person, but I'm putting it on my list of to do's next time I'm in that area.

2. power of prayer- i am always in awe of how the Lord gives us what we need.

3. finding your passion- a good friend of mine just called and told me she has found something she really enjoys doing and is good at. good job snow white. you rock

4. decaf coffee- amazon bought me a bag of hazelnut decaf and it is awesome.

5. unlimited minutes on my cell phone- we just upgraded our plan and i am already more at ease. the hubby is on the phone a lot for his job. he used around 2500 minutes in February.

6. the sound of laughter- i don't know if angels get their wings when bells ring or not, but I'm sure they grin every time a child laughs. i don't know if there is a sweeter sound in the world.

7. new beginnings- my friend amazon is getting a new job, at least she will if her parents are willing to help with her kiddos. she is super excited about the potential, so i hope it works out for her.

8. learning to accept help- i am no good at this. i don't like to ask for help. in fact i don't ask for it unless absolutely necessary, and sometimes not even then. i am trying to learn that asking for help is not weakness.

9. Kleenex with lotion- what a blessing they have been during the never ending cold that struck the house.

10. spring- i love the time of year when bulbs come up and start to bloom. the fact is i like all the seasons, but summer i have a tough time with because it is soooo hot. i hope to post pics when the daffodils bloom.

what are you thankful for? an amazing friend, the ability to help others, the chance to find yourself, the sound of music and laughter, or discovering that it really is a small world. take a minute examine all of the blessings in your life. have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That was a wonderful post...and I lookforward to meeting you and your wonderful family as well.

I am thankful for the love and guiding hand of God....and for freinds like you!

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

Fun list to read. I always enjoy your thankful lists.

I am thankful it's almost Friday. It's been a very busy, demanding week!