WELCOME TO THE KINGDOM OF THE BIRDS

we're just a family of finches making our way in the town w/o a frown.

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

every now and then i get a little bit lonely

i'm stealing this from my friend rachel. it really does make one feel better. here it is five things i love from each of my five senses:

things i love to see:
1. my family
2. sunrises/sunsets
3. thunderstorms
4. old couples holding hands
5. flowers blooming

things i love to hear:
1. rain on a tin roof (i know it sounds corny, but it's true)
2. my girls singing and laughing
3. the words "i love you" when they're really meant
4. birds singing
5. the national anthem sung by children

things i love to smell:
1. rain
2. fresh mowed grass
3. finch's truck
4. the girls after a bath
5. finch's neck

things i love to taste:
1. strawberries fresh from the patch
2. tamales
3. snow ice cream
4. maters fresh from the garden, still warm from the sun
5. mint sun tea, from my granny's mint

things i love to feel:
1. a hug from the girls and finch
2. soft wet grass on my bare feet
3. my micro fleece sheets
4. dough between my fingers
5. the sunshine on my face

i feel better already. i think i'll go sit in the solarium out of the wind and enjoy some sun tea.

5 comments:

Leah of RamFam said...

What's snow ice cream? :)

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

I feel happy just reading your lists!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Very good list. It made me smile.

Kym said...

no offense if nay is taken...but we have ALOT of the same likes!! We all love snow ice cream...what is your recipe?
How is the other part of the family doing?

Bottles Barbies And Boys said...

Snow ice cream ...is made out of real snow...Duh We like it too!

Very cute list! I can very much relate to all