WELCOME TO THE KINGDOM OF THE BIRDS

we're just a family of finches making our way in the town w/o a frown.

Monday, April 7, 2008

round and round, round and round

trust me those are lyrics. her highness is in the process of learning several different songs. imagine if you can her sweet 2 year old voice combining: the wheels on the bus, jesus loves me, twinkle twinkle little star, and if you're happy and you know it. the song usually starts with "round and round, round and round. momma sing round and round." i apparently had my 100th post last week, but have been to crazy to care. just when things begin to look up "here comes the rain again". my friend can't seem to catch a break, she is currently on bed rest until wednesday. on the home front things have been busy. per my post on "my favorite things", my snow ice cream recipe goes something like this:

get big metal bowl (the same one i use for my famous homemade tortillas)
collect snow (make sure it is white snow please)
add roughly 1 splash of vanilla or almond extract (i prefer almond, but to each their own)
add roughly 1 kerplump of powdered sugar (it dissolves better than granulated)
add roughly 3 glubs of heavy whipping cream (yes, i do always have this and 1/2 & 1/2 in my fridge)
mix together and enjoy **some alterations to amounts of ingredients may be necessary for your personal preferences.


some of you may remember the post about my room. well, we found a camera in the giant mess and guess what the pics were of.

monkey looks so concerned about holding her highness just right. by the way monkey was the first visitor to see the sweet baby and to hold her.
i had forgotten how big she was until i saw this pic.

6 comments:

Gator World!! said...

Oh what a sweet baby.

Leah of RamFam said...

Love the newborn pics! Can't wait to hold mine (and not just to relieve the heartburn/acid reflux/can't sleep syndrome.)
Wyatt is also into singing. It's so cute. I will have to try to get him to sing on screen so I can post it for family, but he's super shy in front of a camera.
BTW, can you tag this post with snow ice cream recipe so I can come back and find it next winter, please?
:)

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Oh I love those pictures! I bet her songs are so sweet.

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

Oh those songs little ones sing and how they stick in your head for days on end.
Adorable baby pictures too!

Adrienne said...

Isn't it funny how looking at pictures throws you right back into the moment. Thank goodness looking at pictures after childbirth doesn't throw me right back into the pain! HA! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I am so glad you left a comment b/c it led me to yours - I LOVE the description you give of yourself ... cracked me up! Actually got me to thinking about what I wanted to be ... God's still trying to make me a domestic godess ... all in His time ;-)

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

she was a big baby! and oh my growin' up with a mamma that was a preschool teacher we sang all sorts a stuff all the time...