WELCOME TO THE KINGDOM OF THE BIRDS

we're just a family of finches making our way in the town w/o a frown.

Thursday, June 5, 2008

the answer my friend is blowing in the wind

WORD OF THE DAY= SERE- Dry or withered.

the problem with the answer blowing in the wind, is that the wind is blowing to hard to get the answer. yes the word of the day does describe my yard thank you for asking. the beautiful roses are begging for relief. argh. well thursday seems like a good day to do a thankful list. in fact i think i may make thursdays, yes all of them, thankful thursdays. a time for me to reflect on the good things, and not on the fact that if the weather continues unabated i will dry up and blow away. here we go...
I AM THANKFUL FOR.....
1. babies, there seem to be lots of them lately. my niece had a girl, rayne. my sister in law had a boy, philip. my best bud had 2 girls, constence and cadence(not sure i spelled them correct). my friend krista is expecting. babies are the embodiment of God's love, hope in a human form.

2. rain, we just haven't had any lately.

3. forgiveness, without it, well, the future would be bleak.

4. friends, the real deal ones. i can live w/o the rest. i count myself blessed to have the ones i do, and to realize that some in the past are not what they pretended to be. i'm very tough on my good friends, i expect a lot out of them.you know things like honesty, loyalty, and love. they are the ones that are more family than just friends. thanks to you guys.

5. family, both chosen and birth.

6. my pool, so nice to swim.

7. my church, sometimes the small town mentality frustrates me, but they are a great group of people.

8. my children, although they can drive me to the brink of my sanity, they are the best thing i have ever been a part of.

9. my health, sometimes i take this one too lightly.

10. my life, the whole thing good, bad, and often ugly. i am content with the life i have.

take some time realize what you're thankful for. tell the people you love how you feel. don't worry about the haters, they will always find someone or something to rage against.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT= IN THE WORDS OF W.H. Auden "NO opera plot can be sensible, for people do not sing when they are feeling sensible."



2 comments:

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

i think thankful thursdays are a wonderful idea! i may have to hop on the TT bandwagon... sometimes the world seems too much, and it always does the soul good to be thankful, grateful, and rejoice even in the small things!

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

Amen! I love your list.