WELCOME TO THE KINGDOM OF THE BIRDS

we're just a family of finches making our way in the town w/o a frown.

Monday, June 16, 2008

my father gave me a name

WORD OF THE DAY- PORTENT: A sign or omen.

i wasn't going to do a fathers' day post due to the fact that my dad was M.I.A. for the majority of my life. however, when i saw today's verse i remembered that i have always had a father, just not one that terrified my high school boyfriends. i remember being at church camp when i was getting ready to be in 6th grade. it was the invitation and a bunch of the girls were going to go forward, but wanted group support. i've just never been real big on peer pressure, so i said i'd sit this one out. i thought you were supposed to feel something or hear something before you made that kind of agreement, and i hadn't felt anything or heard anything. well, the next day i distinctly heard a voice say "i am your father come to me and i will not leave you." keep in mind this was while i was living in a children's home an hour away from my closest family. i looked around, but there wasn't anyone there who could have uttered those words. that night at the call i heard the words again, and i knew that i did indeed have a father. needless to say i dashed down to the altar. fathers' day for me is time to honor my husband the father of my children, remember my grandpa who was like a father to me, pray for my earthly father, and and be ever so grateful for God, my Father.
i hope everyone had a great fathers' day. i hope to post pics of the double strawberry cheesecake tomorrow.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT- IN THE WORDS OF Evan Esar "Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose."

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

wow. What can I say. What an amazing experience.

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

Very powerful. Thanks for sharing it.