WELCOME TO THE KINGDOM OF THE BIRDS

we're just a family of finches making our way in the town w/o a frown.

Friday, June 27, 2008

you say your life was sad, but you lived it anyway

WORD OF THE DAY- ACCLIMATE: to accustom or become accustomed to a new climate, environment, or situation.

just a note about the playlist, most of these songs have a good deal of sentimental value to me. i'll be sharing as the blogging goes. sit back listen and enjoy.
yes, i know it isn't thursday, but in my defense i spent all day yesterday with the awesome pattylicious. also, wednesday wasn't so good for me, so i really wouldn't have put together a very good list. well without further ado. i am thankful for....

1. bubblebaths- my wonderful hubby drew me one on wednesday night as a "i hope this helps." it was nice to just have time to relax.

2. my hubby- i know i put him on here a lot, but really he is an amazing man. he worked 2-3 jobs while taking 20 hour semesters in college. did i mention he had a wife and child and still managed to graduate with a 4.0. he is awesome.

3. honesty- the more time i spend with children the more i realize that lying is a learned behavior. children's nature, therefor human nature, is to be honest. sometimes brutally so. why is it then that adults have such a difficulty with this concept.

4. loyalty- yeah this kind of goes with the one above it. really is loyalty such a difficult thing that adults just don't get it. i am so grateful for the loyalty of my friends. i had a good friend in high school, who i have gotten back in contact with. she was so amazing. when a group of kids thought it would be fun to make my life a living hell, she stood beside me. did i mention one was her brother? if you're reading this thank you, i have never forgotten your kindness.

5. prayer- i read somewhere that if you pray for the person that you are angry with it is almost impossible to stay angry with them. i have put this in motion this week, and it seems to be working so far.

6. sounding boards- you know the people that let you vent with no repercussions. they rock. hey you two you know who you are thanks.

7. airplanes- instead of one 10 hour day in the car followed by two 12 hour days in the car. we will spend one 10 hour day in the car and fly the rest of the way. go pappy and leah. thanks for the tickets. we can't wait to see you

8. humor- when times are rough i can always count on the hubby or pattylicious to provide a much needed humor break.

9. common sense- i just wish that it was as common as it should be.

10. reconnecting- with myself and friends.

well a day late and a dollar short, but there you go. on the weight watchers front i'm still going strong. i had a .4 gain, but i consider that awesome if you look at what all i consumed this past weekend. i hope everyone has an awesome weekend. i hope to do a post on the lovely cadence and constence in the very near future. take care, and thanks for stopping by.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT- IN THE WORDS OF Mo Udall "If you can find something everyone agrees on, it's wrong."

5 comments:

Leah of RamFam said...

Can't wait to see you guys!!! We're gonna have a blast!!!

Unknown said...

I am not a good sounding boards. I always want to put in my two cents. I have two close friends that live near me. One of us in the triangle of friendship is a good sounding board. We always go to her.

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

i really like the bible verse... might have to add that to mine. and your playlist... a gal can't go wrong with bon jovi... impossible to be unhappy and sing along at the same time!

Pattylicious said...

Totally diggin your thankful list. I might have to rip off that idea. I am so thankful that I have you...so that I can rip stuff off from you. ;)

Pattylicious said...

Your play list is awesome. I think I am going to rip that idea too. :)