WORD OF THE DAY- Phantasmagoria: a shifting series or succession of things seen or imagined.
well, i got the tire fixed, but that was an ordeal. now on to thankful thursdays.
i am thankful for....
1. a loving God- i know that he is also just and jealous, but i'm really glad that he is loving and merciful.
2. dad's- now these aren't just fathers, but those men who go above and beyond what is required. those step-dads that never treat the step children differently than their own children. those grandpas, uncles, cousins, and other men that take children under their wing to show them a good role model. a big thanks to you guys.
3. flowers- how awesome it is to see all of God's amazing power in such a fragile and beautiful creation. what else can brighten even the darkest day as well as flowers?
4. weight watchers- i am at the thinnest point i have been in roughly 8 years or so. i don't feel as though i'm being cheated out of the foods i love. i am relearning how to eat. i am learning that although i want the whole package of oreos, i am satisfied with just a few.
5. books- i have always loved to read. now my eldest shares that same love. she just finished eragon, so we bought her the movie as a treat.
6. retirement funds- my hubby got one yesterday at work and we're looking at having quite a nest egg when he retires.
7. love- it really does make the world go round you know.
8. a good job- yeah the pay isn't so hot, but the benefits are great. sometimes my employers get a little cranky, but they always feel better after a good nap. i am very thankful that i am able to stay home with my girls.
9. kenya- i was looking at photos the other day, and i don't think i have ever been happier than when we were there. the people have a different way of life. everything moves so much slower.
10. freedom- i am SOOOO THANKFUL for the many freedoms that i enjoy in this blessed country. i know it has some faults, but there really isn't any other place like it.
well, take some time to find somethings that you are thankful for.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT= IN THE WORDS OF Henry Adams "No one means all he says, adn yet very few say all they mean, for words are slippery and thought is viscous."