WELCOME TO THE KINGDOM OF THE BIRDS

we're just a family of finches making our way in the town w/o a frown.

Friday, June 13, 2008

i've got the joy, joy, joy,joy down in my heart

WORD OF THE DAY- AMICABLE: characterized by friendliness and good will.
edited to add additional word of the day- paraskavedekatriaphobia meaning Friday, thirteen, and phobia respectively; (alternative spellings include paraskevodekatriaphobia or paraskevidekatriaphobia) or friggatriskaidekaphobia, and is a specialized form of triskaidekaphobia, fear of the number 13)

i finished and sent out my apron for the summer apron swap. i hope she likes it. it is almost identical to the first apron i made. i chose the wider bias tape for this one, and i really think i like it better.

i really like how the pockets look. well what do you guys think?
below are the pics of the wonderful things that i received in my swap package.
these are place mats. aren't they awesome they roll up and tie. they are perfect. she even included blue flatware in one and green in the other. this is brilliant because green is monkey's favorite color and her highness tends to lean towards blue. aren't the strawberries on the pockets adorable.
this is the apron. i was soooo excited i opened the package at the post office and put it on. by the way alisha, the postmaster thought it was wonderful. i think that it is so much more than wonderful. i can't explain how thrilled i am. seriously, i can't stop grinning. she also included 3 recipes with the lovely apron. they are all WW friendly recipes that i can't wait to try. the double strawberry cheesecake sounds heavenly, i'll post pics. one of the coolest things is that this wonderful package came all the way from austria. it was like getting a pen pal only cooler. i never had a pen pal as a kid, but this is way cooler. the apron is so much prettier in person i just can't tell you. i'll be sure to use it this weekend as i'm making apricot preserves. mmmm.
i hope everyone has a great weekend. we're heading the booger town to pick apricots this evening. i'm looking forward to gifting people with yummy goodies, aprons, washcloths, bags, and pin cushions for Christmas this year.


FOOD FOR THOUGHT- IN THE WORDS OF THOMAS EDISON "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."

8 comments:

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

wow beautiful creations - every single one of them! the apron you've made just shouts out "SPRING"... enjoy the weekend. I can see you wearing your new apron, and dancing around your kitchen merrily... perhaps with a couple little helpers at the ready!

Leah of RamFam said...

Beautiful!!! Yes, I think I do like the wider tape better. Have a great weekend! (BTW Pappy's back in the US.)

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

Those pockets on your apron came out great! I always get a special thrill out of a friend sending me a gift too :)

Jana Nielson said...

Your Apron is so cute!! The fabrics you used are looks so good togeather!!

Alisha said...

Yay! I'm so glad you (and the postmaster) like the apron.

The apron you made for your swap partner looks great. I love the pockets.

Rosemond said...

And if the devil doesn't like it he can sit on a tack!

DyessFam said...

Very cool. I'm in awe of your apron making skills. I also LOVE the fact that you participate in swaps. I tried to do a sock one, but no one was really interested...oh, yeah, I think you are the one that sent that one. (I'm sad no one wanted to participate.( I did buy socks and send them though. I hope she liked them:) Maybe we could do a card swap or something. That's something I do like to do. Or a favorite recipes booklet. Let me know what you think. I'll bet you've already done it!;) BTW your girls just keep getting more and more beautiful!

queen of everything said...

shellybabes
i love swaps. it is so awesome to get something in the mail that isn't a bill. if you want to do a swap i'm up for it. let me know and i'll put it up on my blog.