what a day it has been. i got a call from school that monkey was running a fever and needed to be picked up. i went and picked her up, and promptly called amazon to let her know that i would be taking the girls with me today. i can not in good conscience let someone with small children watch my children if i know one is ill. she says she feels fine, but as long as she has a fever she isn't allowed at school. in fact she isn't allowed back at school until her fever has been gone for 24 hours. that means no school tomorrow. which means no trick or treating tomorrow night. we are very strict about "if you are too sick for school-you are too sick for fun after school". the hubby told his helper that he had an appointment to go to today and that he would be leaving for the day at 2. the entire family of finch sat in the drs. office and listened to the most beautiful "thud-thud" of a wee finch. what an amazing sound it is! God is so good. thank you for all of your prayers, and now i have some more requests. one of the ladies that has worked with the hubby for the last 6 years is very ill. she had back surgery several weeks back and was recovering very well. last weekend her back was hurting so she went to the hospital. while there they discovered that she has a staph infection in her back that has moved into her blood. she is currently in a medically induced coma fighting to get better. she has a little boy who is monkey's age and a wonderful husband. please keep her and her family in your prayers.
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. prayers- the power they hold is amazing. i have seen this power so many times, yet every time a prayer is answered it still dumbfounds me that someone so powerful will listen to a little me.
2. friends- your comments, prayers and well wishes have been so wonderful and comforting. THANK YOU
3. my daughters- sometimes i just can't believe that someone so amazing is the product of someone so messed up. i am so thankful that they will never know what my life was like as a child, and that they know how wonderful they are and how much they are loved.
4. the dishwasher- so glad the hubby just loads the thing, turns the dial, and the dishes are done.
5. hubby's new job- we are both so excited about the possibilities that this brings with it. if nothing else we will have health insurance for the first time in 7 years.
6. contentment- when asked what i wanted for my birthday i didn't know because i honestly want for nothing. there isn't anything tangible that i can't live with out. what an amazing feeling that is.
7. pattylicious- i called her in tears yesterday because i needed to hear that everything was going to be ok, and she reassured me that it would be. she listened to me sob and pour out my fears. she is an amazing friend, and i'm not sure what i would do with out her. thanx man u rock
8. hot tea- it seems to be one of the most soothing and relaxing things ever.
9. old pictures- that remind me of how far i've come and how blessed i truly am.
10. hugs- i'm not a big fan of human touch, long story from childhood, but i have been so grateful for the hugs that i have received the past week. they have been so much more comforting than just a simple word.
what are you guys thankful for a few inches of snow, indian summer, a much needed vacation, or the warm words from friends? take the time to find something to be grateful for, no matter how insignificant you think it is. there are days that i am simply grateful for clean undies. have a happy halloween and a blessed weekend. HEY, YOU GUYS ROCK, THANKS.