WELCOME TO THE KINGDOM OF THE BIRDS

we're just a family of finches making our way in the town w/o a frown.

Friday, October 3, 2008

we do the walk, we do the walk of life

last saturday the family of finch loaded up and headed to the big town of amarillo. i was so excited to get to participate in the race for the cure. my grandmother and aunt both lost their battle with breast cancer. my friend from high school is in remission. i would tell you how it went, but it was not the best time for the family of finch. the head of the household decided that he was shrek and would behave as though he was an ogre. the day was pretty much shot after that.

i am participating in an ongoing book swap and today in the mail this is what was waiting for me. the book is "great parties". she also sent crochet patterns, some R sticky notes, and some mary englebreit cards. woo hoo, i was way excited. i hope she likes the package that i sent her.


when i got home wednesday night there was a box sitting on my doorstep. i began to wonder what it was because i didn't remember ordering anything. when i opened the package this is what i saw.
the requirements were 1 recipe from the dream vacation destination, she sent a day's worth of recipes. everything from scones to irish coffee. so excited. she sent me a box of irish tea. mmmm i fell in love with tea when i went to england. she also sent a bottle of irish steak sauce which i am dying to try. there were 4 beautiful magnets as well, they are high on the fridge to keep little hands from grabbing them.
her heiness squealed with delight and begged to try on the princess, so here she is wearing my irish apron.

4 comments:

Leah of RamFam said...

Has she had a growth spurt? She looks thinner.

Bree Wilder said...

I'm so glad you liked everything! And I hope the steak sauce is good! You'll have to let me know!

DyessFam said...

Hey! I really like the booklady swap, but it looks a little too involved for me at this time. I'm actually looking for something a little less expensive, too, right now. I love all the great stuff I'm seeing in the swap boxes and I'm usually into that sort of thing, but right now I think its too much. I'm just looking for a book swap that is a book and a bookmark stuffed into a mailing envelope and that's all there is to it. I think I'm gonna have to work my way up to the super surprise box level!:) In the meantime, I'll live vicariously through your amazing swaps!

Unknown said...

Yeppie what a wonderfully fun apron you recieved.. I love the shamrocks...they rock :)
LOL you had me confused with the Queen of Everything... now I know who it is :)
I have not seen that video I will have to try and find it :)
M