WORD OF THE DAY-IRREGFRAGABLE: impossible to refute.
i just wanted to start the month of october with some bits of wisdom that i have gained in my first 30 years. enjoy
30 things i have learned in my 3 decades on this earth-
1. almost everyone deserves a second chance.
2. very few deserve a third. (i've never met one anyway)
3. forgiveness is for the forgiver not the forgiven.
4. bitterness is not attractive on any woman. (my great grandmother said this)
5. God is GOOD.
6. age has little to do with maturity.
7. age has little to do with wisdom.
8. your past should not determine your future.
9. just because the world says you should, doesn't mean you have to.
10. nobody has the right to make you feel inferior.
11. just because someone says they have your best interest in mind, doesn't mean they do.
12. don't judge a book by the cover. (people are so much more than what you see on the outside.)
13. babies are God's love made visible.
14. if you wouldn't say it to my face, don't say it behind my back. (i will give you the same decency)
15. you can call a frosted dog turd a wedding cake, but it's still just a frosted dog turd. (i read this in a king book once)
16. make God your pilot, not your co-pilot. (things go better this way)
17. don't dwell on how "bad" your childhood, marriage, life was/is. trust me someone somewhere had/has it worse.
18. just because you don't understand it, doesn't mean God doesn't have a reason for it.
19. all we need is love. (well not literally, but when you're loved all the rest is manageable.)
20. honesty really is the best policy, but speak it with love.
21. if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
22. God gave us an instruction manual for life. it's called the bible.
23. my mom was right i should eat my fruits and veggies.
24. life is meant to be enjoyed.
25. worry does not rob tomorrow of it's troubles. it only robs today of it's joys.
26. anyone put on a pedestal is doomed to fall from it.
27. as eddie vedder once said "some words when spoken, can't be taken back." be careful what you say in anger because sorry won't always wash it away.
28. all relationships take work. decide which are worth it and never give up.
29. friendship is not a one way street.
30. tomorrow is another day to try to get it right.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT- IN THE WORDS OF FINCH DUNKIN "The heart is the most beautiful part of you. Only give what you are willing to lose."