at least that is what the hubby says. i had a wonderful birthday yesterday. it was a nice quiet family filled event. finch took a half day at work and treated me to sushi for lunch. not sure why i crave sushi when pregnant. no fear i didn't get any that had raw fish so stop typing comments about how sushi isn't safe. this isn't my first rodeo girls. when we got home the hubby cleaned the kitchen and made me a tres leches cake, so tasty. then he got the fire started in the grill, so he could grill the steaks. they were awesome tasty. we opened my bottle of irish steak sauce and enjoyed the birthday steaks with it. then the whole crew cuddled up by the fire talking and listening to music. ten years ago i would have never imagined that was how i would spend my 30th birthday, and that i would enjoy it. i didn't get near my computer yesterday, so my thankful thursday is a day late.
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. family- how amazing and wonderful they are. i'm not sure what i would do without mine.
2. aging- every year i live i find more reasons it is awesome to get older. i don't fear the coming years. in fact i look forward to all of the memories i will make in the interim.
3. fire- it has been chilly here this past week, 3 days it didn't get above 45. i refuse to pay atmos before november, so we have been utilizing the fireplace.
4. tuesday- i have discussed this with several of you and i am somewhat anxious to see what changes it will bring.
5. swaps- they ROCK. i love the different little gifties that i find in my mail, and sending the little gifties to others.
6. prayer- i have been in serious prayer for most of this week. several of my friends were in need of some deep prayer as was my wee little family. thank you to those of you who are praying for what will come on tuesday.
7. lotion- i love lotion. the girls got my dry skin, and as the weather cools our skin begins to get very dry.
8. our budget- if things go the way we have planned them to we should be completely out of debt, other than the house, by summer.
9. fuzzy slippers- we have wood floors on a pier and beam house, so the floors get chilly when it is cold outside.
10. hot drinks- i love them all. in fact it is almost cool enough for my famous hot chocolate if anyone is interested let me know and i'll get the goods.
thanks for all the sweet birthday wishes, and all the awesome comments. you guys really make my day. i hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend. we are having pizza night at amazon's new house. her friend we're renaming him iceman will also be there. we hope the pattylicious clan can make it, but we're not sure yet. saturday the grandmas are coming for birthday lunch and a visit. what are you thankful for this week? your bloggy buddies that always have a kind word when your down? maybe, the cool nights and a warm blanket? thanks for reading.